Hi, from a stepdad, not confused, but nevertheless in a state of flux; I think?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by nwsa, Jan 30, 2015.

1. nwsa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,

Apologies to anyone who has already read my post in the welcome lounge, but I would like to say hello to people more mature who may not necessarily visit that page...

I'd just like to introduce myself, i'm a 44 year old bi guy. What set the train of events that led me to be here is that my stepson (who was 22 at the time) told his mother (my partner) that he was bisexual back in august. Anyway since then, I have been thinking of the past and my own sexuality. I have sort of dropped some hints about my sexuality to my stepson, maybe because I suddenly felt able to share who I am. I then gave myself away accidentally with a (slightly drunk on chistmas night), but honest reaction to a photo of a guy he was in contact with. I came clean with him a few days later, and he is cool and understanding. I am happy with my personal life, though my partner is probably not ready for the news, but I just feel like sharing my thoughts, thanks. :slight_smile:

2. PrairieRachel

Understood! Partners married/ fell in love with what they thought were straight. Never an easy situation! Always here to talk. Guess that's what this is all about. :slight_smile:

3. m e l v i n

ohhhh.. good for you and your stepson :'> congrats to the both of you (&&&) :slight_smile: