1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

continuation of progress at counselor, I'm out...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by looking for me, Feb 5, 2015.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I told him!

I got the court order today officially finalizing the custody and access order for my son. and then he made a comment as we were finishing dinner about LGBT and me, so I sat him down and I asked him what he thought about me regarding LGBT, he paused and said the safe answer "I think you're questioning" I told him that I'm not questioning, "I am Bi" he was a bit taken aback and said it was a bit of a big pill to swallow. and we had a chat for over an hour and I told him that I haven't told my parents or his mom. he said he would not "out me" to anyone because "that's the worst". I explained to him that I wanted to tell him for months, and on the advise of my Dr. and counselor I was waiting till I got the court order that he was to live with me. We chatted about this and the future for a bit and I did tell him that I might be dating a man, he said that would be awkward wither I was dating a woman or a man because it wouldn't be mom. He asked if there was anything else I told him nothing that I wanted to get into right now, then he asked if I felt "lighter" having told him, I really didn't and told him so. a little later I told him that I had to talk to him again and asked him if i knew that sexuality is a spectrum, and that gender is a spectrum? yes he said. well.........I'm not completely a cis male, and that I am figuring out where I stand on that spectrum, not that I'm going to be walking down the street in a skirt or anything, (he said, mom always said you have the legs for it.....) sheesh. he assured me that he loved me and that there would be "jokes":grin: I expect no less:eusa_doh:

I feel better having told him as much as I have but now I have a pit in my stomach like I'm scared to death. my secret is out to my family....... I trust him with my life but I'm still scared to death. anybody else get this when they came out to someone important?

sorry this is so long, I usually don't spill this much but.....

#1 looking for me, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations on coming out to your son! It sounds like you have come out to the most important person in your family, and it went well. He sounds exceptionally mature. how old is he? Of course, kids today have a much better, healthier understanding of gender and sexual orientation issues that we did when we were kids. that makes it easier. but still, he seems to have a particularly mature understanding. You've got a good kid! Congratulations to YOU for raising him right!

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he's 16 and yes he is a really good kid, much more knowledgeable about orientation and gender than i was at that age. and thanks i'm trying my best to raise him