1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Thelyingleo, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Thelyingleo

So over the past year that I've been out, I've really struggled with how to go about dating or meeting people offline, especially in the area that I'm from. I've been talking to a woman that lives in Canada for 10 months, online/video chat and texting/phone. We hit it off amazingly, but there was always a reason that one of us couldn't get to see the other, at first it was the passport issue, then it was money, family stuff, bad weather being that I live in the northwest and she in Canada... etc. Well last week I decided that I was done with the excuses, got in my car and drove all day to be with her... there is no question in my mind after spending the last two nights with her that I coming out and being with a woman is where I am supposed to be. I have had an amazing two days with her, and to be honest, I don't want to go home lol.
    I'm not sure how to put this, but it amazed me that after all of these years being with a man (i'm 42) that not only did I feel like this is the first time that I've sexually clicked with someone, but being with her felt so natural and unlike anything that I've ever felt in my life. Why in the hell didn't I do this sooner?!
    Gosh, I hope that this isn't inappropriate to put here, but I've seen soo many people here struggling day to day just like me, wondering if they're doing the right thing, being afraid that they've torn their families apart unnecessarily, or are beating themselves up over putting themselves first and being true to themselves. I just want to share my story, short as it is, so that others might see that the desperation and sadness wont always be there, it will be ok, and you will know you've made the right choice one day. I have not felt this happy, content, safe, free, liberated, and whole since I was a young lady.
    Thanks to everyone here for being a part of my journey, I could not have done this without each of you, and I hope that in time I will be able to give the same support to others that you've all given to me! I love this site and I'm soo thankful that it's here. (!)

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

Congratulations, and good for you for braving the wilds of Canada! Igloos can be so cozy when you share them with someone you love! :grin:

Good for you also for taking the initiative and going to see her, she must feel so good to know someone who is willing to do what it takes to make this work!

Wonderful news!

3. Pete1970

What a great story. Congratulations

Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear some positive stories

4. Thelyingleo

Thanks GreatWhale, I see that you are living on the east coast side huh? Yeahh pretty cold over there! Fortunately, my girl lives near Vancouver, BC, Canada, so her location is actually warmer than where I drove from hahha. I absolutely love it here, soo amazingly beautiful on the islands! We've had some rain & wind, but no snow or freezing temps, so I'm ok with that!!

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2015 at 08:19 AM ----------

Thank you Pete1970, and that's why I shared it... I have been soo miserable over the last couple of years, struggling, depressed and when I first got here to EC, other peoples stories like this gave me hope that it would get better some day. It did! I sure hope that I can give hope to others here, and that my story will inspire others to follow their heart and get out there and do what feels like living for them. I finally feel alive!!

5. maybgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is inspiring to read for sure. I constantly question whether coming out is the right call. I am really happy for you that you had this great experience and that it crystalized your choices. It sounds like you have had some bumps but overall you are doing really well. I really appreciate your updates and hoping the best for you!

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vancouver!? Well hell, they've already got blossoms sprouting on their crab-apple trees...sheesh!

Those coastal mountains sure are a sight to see!

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is really great. you are a brave person, taking the bull by the horns, so to speak. very happy this is working out for you.:thumbsup:

8. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    TheLyingLeo ;

CONGRATS!!!!!! on finding someone amazing to be with. You are an inspiration.

I, too, have just celebrated my first year since I " Came out ", and I just met someone incredible myself. We have just started talking, but, I can already tell that this relationship is going to work because we are both very open and honest with each other. We have so much in common, and we are going to use that to build this relationship.

I'm so excited, I'm like a kid in a candy store, no guy has ever made me so relaxed
    like Brian has. Wish me luck,

Jaymegurl