1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

being out, but not really

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by burninggold, Feb 14, 2015.

1. burninggold

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This is a weird topic for me because when I stopped lying to myself and came out, it felt so real and natural. I wanted to tell everyone! My Fiancé and I are teachers and that makes it hard to be 100% out. Well I don't care if I am out, but that also requires my girl being out as well. She tells me all the time I'm flaming gay. I am! I am all about rainbows, and if I could post a picture of us kissing on fb I would. I want to tell everyone we are engaged, but I can't yet! What happens when we get married? She is so fantastic though. I wear her initial around my neck and the infinity ring she propsed with. It's just hard being mostly out, but not really. People know we are together but it's never been said.I just want to be able to be with her 100% of the time.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

yeah, I know what you mean. you want to shout it from the rooftops! but it sounds like you're really out, but it's just that there are still some situations where your freedom is restricted. Once the two of you get married, it will be a lot harder to keep it hidden anywhere. just curious, if you are able to get married, then what is making you keep it secret? will you lose your job? can you get married and not lose your job?

3. burninggold

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well we wouldn't really lose our jobs but it is is a sensitive issue working with children plus we work in a small town. We wouldn't deny we are together if we were asked, but being out might cause some issues. We will be able to be married and the school will not be able to fire us, i think it is a matter of discretion, such as if a teacher slept with several people on her free time, she cant be fired but if parents knew they wouldn't want her to teach their children. We live in Oklahoma so it makes it hard to get many people on board is all.