1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working through the divorce process.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by AJ Bee, Feb 22, 2015.

1. AJ Bee

I never thought I would find myself a divorced, single mom. I thought I could make my marraige work for the sake of our son. After 7 months of separation, I picked up the divorce papers and I'm meeting with the lawyer this week to help me with the parts I wasn't sure about.

No clue what it means to move forward, in a new direction. The unknown is kind of the scary part of this. I know enough now that I don't want another relationship with a man, it's not going to change me or make me happy. I just know that I am starting the process one step at a time.

Thankfully, he is in agreement, and not fighting me on the details. I have read so many stories about people here who have not been that fortunate.

That is a bit of my update.. moving forward.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Count your blessings, such as they are. If he is being reasonable, you are way ahead of the game. Two years after my separation, and still my ex-wife is beyond anything you can imagine when it comes to non-cooperation and hostility, it only seems to get worse...

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i agree with Great Whale, if he's being reasonable you're doing pretty good. i never thought i'd be raising my son myself either, the problem in my case is mental health issues on her part so i never know what her reactions are going to be. a friend of mine has a saying he got from his dad; "Ever Forward" for each of us(*hug*)

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I expect that it is very painful, no matter how well things go in the process. Congratulations on getting honest with yourself, coming out, and both you and your ex getting on with your lives. Good luck in the future.