1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone has their limits.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Damien, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A woman I had been friends with a year or so ago, well we became more than just friends, we ended up being very affectionate and sexual with each other, without actually consummating it properly (as she is very religious), well the guy she dumped me for, ended up treating her very badly, and she wanted to just be friends again, and I was happy to do that, as I am quite forgiving and understanding by nature. But then we had some disagreement due to you guessed it, religion (she is religious, I'm not, and while I like her on the human level, if she can't keep religion out of our interactions it just stresses me out), and so she then dumped me as a friend as well. I thought that was it, but then just a few days ago she contacted me yet again, wanting to resume our friendship, and I thought about it, and said no. I think my exact words were "you have now rejected me twice. While I still wish you well, I also care about myself". While I was still quite diplomatic, and to be honest I've never really expressed properly how I feel about the appalling way in which she had dumped me that first time for that other guy, I still feel good that finally, I am beginning to care enough about myself to set limits on how much I will put up with from other people. Yes she and I, on the purely human level, do seem to hit it off pretty well, but I know I can find that with someone else as well, someone who like me, would never treat another person in the way she treated me on that night she hurt me. Thus she is now out of my life for good, and I feel like it damn well serves her right. It's her loss.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations on having respect for yourself. Your actions said whatever your words might have lacked. There are many people out there with whom you can connect, and who will respect you and love you. Her religion seems to be lacking in compassion, but that is no longer your problem. (*hug*)

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    good for you bud.(*hug*)

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As long as you are happy, and you can get away with it... Be proud.
    I'm dealing a lot with such stuff as well, now that I'm coming out and so on. There is just some people that have no place in our lives. Sure you'll find more people worth your time out there, the world is full of them... Millions, billions... The earth is a crowded place... More than we think.

However... There is a sentence that struck me like lightning since the first time I read it.

Had I not sinned what would there be for you to pardon. My fate has given you the opportunity for mercy.

There is a fine line between being merciful and being foolish.
    I've been crossing that damned line all my life, so now I feel most of the time like a jerk.
    ... Yet new, exciting stuff is happening, you know, which is a good sign.

If you have all proof you needed, and if you are sure of it, congrats.