1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brain is a jumbled mess!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by DeJe, Mar 1, 2015.

1. DeJe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I could turn my brain off! This past year of trying to figure out all of these new/suppressed thoughts regarding my sexuality was so rough and then when it finally 'clicked' in my head that I am attracted to females, it was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. But now I'm back to having a rough time dealing with it, questioning myself, worrying about what others will think/say. Plus I don't have any close friends since I moved to South Carolina a year and a half ago, so I don't have anybody to talk to who can be my sounding board for all of the thoughts in my head. And there are no LGBT support groups in my area even though it's a major city...there are only ones for teenagers and ones within the local colleges. I feel so lost and discouraged and just bummed. Any suggestions? I've watched tons of YouTube videos and of course I've done lots of reading here. I just don't know what to do/where to go...

2. CyclingFan

Hi DeJe and welcome.

This forum has helped me out a lot in navigating all of the same things. Once I accepted that I liked guys, I too felt a huge weight off my shoulders!

Welcome, again and I hope this helps you.