1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Advice?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by badger, Mar 8, 2015.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I sort of came out a year ago to my friend in Paris. I had been planning on doing it then for about 3 months prior. However, as soon as I forced myself to say "I'm gay" to her, I began telling her "I think its a phase actually" or "I'm not gay actually, I think I'm just confused about why I don't like this girl." Therefore, right when I came out of the closet I went right back inside. I didn't want to talk about it ever again with her. Now, a year later, I feel ready again to tell my friend that I am gay. I'm just nervous that I will go back into the closet right when I tell her. Is that normal? What do I do to prevent myself from thinking I made a complete mistake right after telling her "I'm gay"?

2. Ninagrrl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is normal? It's a perspective. As long as you are experiencing it, chances are there are others that have been where you are and recanted. Maybe finding out if it would really matter to her if you were gay. It might make it a little less scary.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tell two people. Then understand no secret stands and assume all know. :slight_smile:

4. Richie.

Yeah tell more people they will do the rest