1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do about my crush?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lizardman, Mar 12, 2015.

1. lizardman

Hi. I’m a lesbian, and currently (for the second time), I am finding myself developing major feelings for a girl that I already know is straight (or maybe hopefully she's a closet bisexual, I'm really not sure) and has a boyfriend. And it’s worse than the first time, because unlike the previous girl I crushed on, this girl and I actually spend a decent amount of time together everyday during our P.E. class. We talk a lot, she’s really nice to me, and she always helps me to forget about any problems that I happen to be thinking about at the moment. We love making each other laugh and just laughing at ourselves, and though we haven’t had very deep conversations yet, we’ve enjoyed getting to know each other and will probably continue to develop what most normal people would consider to be a friendship. I’m also feeling an immense physical attraction to her. When we do exercises in class that involve getting in very close proximity to each other (we even touched butts several times), I felt very turned on by it, but at the same time very awkward since she probably doesn’t feel anything. Anyway, the point is, she’s straight and has a boyfriend, and I don’t know how to stop these feelings from further developing so I won’t end up with a broken heart in the future. I’m also very scared, that at some point, I’ll end up overtly flirting with her without realizing it, and she’ll be weirded out by it or something… We took a walk around the school campus together today. I really wanted to hold her hand, but I had to restrain myself. She seemed really happy when I told her that she was beautiful, though (it came up in conversation, I didn’t just randomly tell her). She told me that I was pretty in return, a few minutes later. I don't know if she was just saying that to be nice, or if she meant it, but it made me really happy. I need advice!

#1 lizardman, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You enjoy each other's company but it isn't the same thing because you feel more than she does. The situation is set up to be against you because 90% of the people you will encounter in the general public are going to be straight. You need to improve your odds. Start by hanging out with girls that you know ahead of time are going to capable of loving you back. It still might not work out but at least you have better chances.

3. lizardman

That's easier said than done. I don't know where to meet girls like that.

4. CyclingFan

Hi rainbowdash1,

Did you mean to post this in the later in life forum? You sound young to me.

5. lizardman

Sorry... I suppose I wasn't really sure where to post it... ^-^

6. Really

Maybe she has an old soul? :wink:

You could try again in the Relationship forum.

(Sorry. I've got no advice.)

7. CyclingFan

Oh, no worries. Been a few years since I've taken PE and so I don't have much recent experience and advice.

That said, monraffe's advice looks sound to me. Might not be something you can do much about right away.