1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

well i am making some progress

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by offmychest, Mar 16, 2015.

1. offmychest

offmychest Guest

well last week, i came out to one of my lady friends that had a crush on me. i am in my early 40s. i finally told her. she was disappointed since her fantasy was crushed but she was very accepting.

i also attended a gay club. it was a different culture than what i was used to so that was different.

i attended a neworking event that i thought may have been gay. once i got there, i realized it wasn't "gay specific" but there were likely some gay people there. well at least i went with the thought it would be gay so that was definitely out of my comfort zone.

i have decided to stop going to gay clubs...there's not much ever there except eye candy. nothing wrong with having fun but expecting to actually meet anyone there that isn't looking for a hookup of some kind is not realistic. could happen but not likely.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you for stepping out of the ol' comfort zone, first steps are big steps, congratulations!

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, i'd call that a whole lot of progress. congrats:thumbsup: