1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by quebec, Mar 17, 2015.

1. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All....I did it...I really did....I found a very special friend that I knew I could trust and today for the first time in over 50 years...well...the first time ever...I came out to someone in the flesh, face to face! I choked and stumbled, but I finally managed to say "I am Gay". He looked at me with a sort of dazed expression and then said: "It's OK with me your still the same person" And then I started crying. I came out to a former student who lives in London about a month ago by email, but this was different. The former student is Gay and I knew he was. My friend today is straight. He accepted me with no hesitation and gave me his most solemn promise to take my secret to the grave...and I know that he will. You'd have to read my first post (Dec. 25th) to understand that I can not come out in public....I never thought I would come out at all...yet now there are two people who know the real me! We talked for about an hour and before he left he gave me a hug and not just a squeeze, it was a real hug and hold on for a moment with his head on my should saying: "it's OK" I'm still crying off and on. Today will be marked on my calendar!.....David

2. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats! I truly applaud and admire you :icon_bigg

3. Cesar123

Hey david! Congratulation on this experience. Its truly a wonderful feeling when you come to someone and for someone to do it so late as yourself - its inspirational. If you ever want some advice on where to move on from here, feel free to let me know. You make be late to the game but you are not alone in it :slight_smile:.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations!!! It is such a relief!(!)

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys!! I don't know if I'm too excited to sleep tonight or if I'll sleep better than ever before because of the relief!.....David

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Marvellous news, David, you must be so relieved! (!)

7. PATenor2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so proud of you.

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How utterly FANTASTIC, soo happy for you David. it's a tremdous feeling isn't it? revel in the glow my friend.

9. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Great work... so far everyone I've come out to in person has been very accepting. Of course, I'm saving the tough ones, like my parents and sister, till later when I know what to say.

10. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All...today I Skyped my friend in London who I came out to last month and told him about coming out to my friend here in the states. He was excited and reminded me that I said I'd never come out to anyone else, well he was right...but this was a pretty special case when someone promises to take your secret to their grave. And I really do believe him. I still will never be able to come out publicly...way to much damage to too many people, even if they did accept me...which most of them probably would...but the terrible hurt would still be there. BUT...I have two people who know me as I truly am, who I can talk to and not guard my words, and if I see a hot guy while they are around...I can even say it! (softly).....David

11. AAASAS

Congrats.

Genuinely curious as to why your name is Quebec.

12. guitar

Congrats David! I can't imagine the stress relief that gave you to finally come out and truly be yourself after that great passage of time! The first time for myself was extra special and an experience I'll never forget. I still get goosebumps thinking back on it, as I'm sure you will too this experience.

Your friend probably can't imagine the incredible act he's done for you, even though he really did nothing great at all besides listen to you and accept you for who you are. :slight_smile:

13. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No good reason at all! When I signed up I needed a user name. It happens that I have an international list of names for letters of the alphabet by my computer....you know Alpha for A, Bravo for B, etc. for some reason my eye fell on Quebec for Q and that's how it happened!......David

14. Wildside

Wildside Guest

Congratulations!!!!!!!

15. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool. Sounds like an adult beverage is in order.

16. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear quebec :

I am so happy for you!!!!!! The initial act of " coming out " is terrifying in of itself, but to do this to someone that you are not comfortable with can cause you to almost lose your mind. I am thrilled to death that you were able to tell somebody that you trusted this secret.

For me, I also came out to a trusted friend. I felt it was important to entrust this to only someone I could really depend on not to spread this news around like idle gossip. I was a crying mess when my friend saw me, and she asked me what was wrong, I had to tell her, I felt like I was living a big, fat, lie, being straight. My stomach was doing flip-flops, and I had been throwing up before I told her. But she said that no matter what, she would love me just the same. It took me several tries to get the words " I'm Gay ", out, because I was crying so hard, but it was a good kind of cry, because this really meant the end of my life as " Jim ", and the beginning of " Jaymegurl ".

I " Came Out ", because I could no longer live the lie that I am straight. My body started to change on me long after puberty, I began growing feminine breasts. My skin lost that manly roughness, and now is as soft as a lamb's fur. The only sign that I was a male, my penis, shrank, along with my balls, and I developed a big, fat, feminine ass..

I now hate everything that says MALE, sports, cars, girls, ( especially women, because they are all LIARS ). I love to shop, something that a man hates.

Last year, I also became trans-gender-ed. And EVERYBODY hates this fact,
    but it has been the best decision of my life. I have gained so much confidence,
    and I now wear dresses and skirts. This is a positive thing for a very shy guy like me to do.

Jaymegurl

17. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I didn't read your first post, but I do see that in your profile it says not out because of family. But let me just say, congratulations! You should most definitely mark this date on your calendar. I hope you continue to find more people in your life that you can open up to!

18. Clay

Congrats! It does feel great to finally tell someone.

19. pasinhose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. Having gone through the same thing it can be terrifying and joyous all in seconds but telling someone honestly is a huge step.

20. dutchwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations! That is certainly one of the relieving moments in life. Behavior of your friend is also admirable.