1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job resumes for the trans community.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mischief, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I've been looking around a lot and putting in my resume at various places for a job, but I've been tweaking my resume a lot. I can't seem to find anything on the rules in place for writing resumes to do with gender identity. Am I allowed to have my preferred gender on the resume? Or must I keep my bio gender, and mention my preferred pronouns?

Thanks anyone who replies to this. :slight_smile:

2. Outlier

Good question. I want to know this too. (Love your Sig., by the way :icon_bigg )

3. RainbowMan

I'm not certain that there is a "rule" - as someone who interviews, I'd rather see the resume as YOU - so there's really no need to mention your biological sex. Use your preferred name and gender pronouns. However, when it comes to getting an offer, they're likely to want to perform a background check, which would probably require your legal name and sex (which at a supportive employer, HR would probably keep confidential).

$0.02

4. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Thanks for that RainbowMan, pretty much all I needed to know. :slight_smile:

@outlier: it's the rule in life I live by :lol: glad this post could help you too!