1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Molly1977

I wish i had someone to be with. I'm so lonely at the moment i cant cope. I just keep thinking what will happen if things don't get better. I know the only person who can make things better is myself but i am frozen with fear and i don't know what to do.

I wish i could move forward with my life but i don't know how to. Im so scared i will be alone all my life. I try so hard to remain positive but its so very very difficult.

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2015 at 10:53 AM ----------

I'm scared because people like being with people who are happy and positive and if i am not able to be like that it doesnt matter how nice, attractive or smart i am no one will ever want to be with me. The more i know that people don't want to be around me the more depressed i get then i isolate myself and become more depressed.

The first step is to try to be positive then things will get better.

2. thrnvlpidj

What are the positive things going on in your life?

3. dutchwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Molly,

I am just like you and I think I understand you. I also try my best to look positive in order to be surrounded by people, because people spend time with happy people, and try to behave unhappy ones as if they do not exist at all. And to be honest, I was like that before, and life itself taught me how to understand others. Every person has their own agenda, there will be some people who will understand you now, or not now but maybe later.

The best way, and this is a lesson to me as well, is to focus on the current time, not the future. There are so many things that we do not now about the future. There is certainly a chance that we can be alone in the future, but it is the same chance for someone who look quite happy to you right now. Things always happen unexpectedly...

Sometimes I am asking to myself why are we still alone while there are so many people alone?

4. PrairieRachel

Hi Molly. Lonely and scared are my middle name. A lesbian trapped in a mans body. I am even a freak in the lgbt community my dear! I feel your pain and as others always here to talk, friends, whatever! :slight_smile:

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Molly,
    you are a kind, caring person, at least judging by the times when you have enquired about my welfare, even after long silences from me - also caused by my own problem, just the same as what you are describing, I suspect? - loneliness, leading to depression, leading to withdrawal, leading to more isolation, leading to more depression, and so on...well that's how it is in my case.

There are so many nights when I lie in bed, alone always, sometimes imagining what a relationship could be like, which is pretty silly and futile, because it's just my imagination. I wish I could offer a solution. In your case it might be easier, though - you strike me as a giver, a person who reaches out to others, despite the difficulties you endure. I don't get how someone as nice as you, could still be alone. If you are alone, I think that folks are missing out on someone quite special.

Lately I've been learning patient endurance. I figure that, all the tears I've cried in loneliness, will make the time when I finally do meet some compatible person, even sweeter - all the years of loneliness and sorrow, will suddenly seem not so bad, it will be like I was just saving my energy for that one special person. Damn I know it's hard, but hang in there.

#5 Damien, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  6. Molly1977

Thanks for all your kind words. Hopefully this is just a small down and i will be happy again soon.

Yes the years of loneliness will make things much netter when i finally do meet someone. I also think that i need to get away from my situation here before i can move forward. I have tried so hard to make things work here when I have always known that I want to leave and find somewhere different to live.

Thanks again

Molly x