1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im new. 26. bisexual.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ladyj424, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ladyj424

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im glad i found this site. I feel alone sometimes. Also i just came out like a month ago. Family and friends have supported me. And my husband too. Ive known since 6th grade.

2. perardua

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, congrats on being out :slight_smile: wish I had your guts.

3. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Ladyj424.... Great to have you here. You are so welcome. I'm like you in that I'm bisexual, having come out to myself, also about a month ago, and and a few friends have been wonderful and supportive to me. Sadly, unllike you, my family do not know, because of the complex issues generally, and neither does my wife doesn't, because of the homophobic issues within her family. She isn't herself, but I've heard some of the things they've said, and it's really hurt me. I've just had to bite the bullet while there, and smile, and try to subtly change the subject.
    I'm glad I found this site too. I've felt lonely, but everyone has been so wonderful, and will always try to help and be a friendly voice - as I will.
    You are very, very welcome here.

4. ladyj424

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confuseddreamer im so sorry ur Still struggling with ppl. My parents dont know. Theyre very old school and accept gays but as long as its not one of their children. I do hope ur wife comes around and makes it less harder for u

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2015 at 02:24 AM ----------

Perardua i hope u do find the strength. Its not an easy thing to do.

5. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi ladyj!

I'm also 26 and starting to come out, and I have similar issues with my parents. There's just no way that conversation is going to go well. I'm glad your husband was supportive. Did he ever suspect or was he surprised?

6. confuseddreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi LadyJ..... Thank you. As I say, it's not that my wife is homophobic, and wouldn't come round and make it less harder for me, it's her family, who she, quite rightly, has loyalties for. They are homophobic. They have no clue about me of course, and I've heard some of the things they've said. They have on occasions really hurt, but I've had to show no reaction, and have just had to bite my lips - but I have felt like going outside and bursting into tears sometimes. If my wife knew, she would be fine, but the burden on her wouldn't be fair. Thankfully, being bi, we can go on and live a relatively normal life.

Hi Starlights. :slight_smile: My Mum can't know either. She went through a messy divorce, 10 years later finding he is a transsexual and now a women. She has never accepted this. and even now, still refers to her, when talking to me and my wife, by what was his first name, or as “your Dad”. She is not homophobic or anything, but I think it’s the fact, he’s the man she was married to and bore her children. She has said that she believes it was this that finally finished my Grandfather – saying he always appeared “stunned” after finding out, and went rapidly downhill afterwards, before passing away. I lost my other brother to motor neurone disease, a while back, which hit us all hard. Now, she is elderly and not in good health, and I do feel that if she knew her only other son was now bisexual, it'd finish her. I'd never be able to live with that

#6 confuseddreamer, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. ladyj424

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi starlights. Well hubby knew. Although i kept it a secret i let him know while we were dating. I put it off and never talked about it til recently a friend who is bi but didnt know i was. Well she told me that she has felt sooo alone throughout the yrs because she didnt know another bi person. Till i finally told her. In the city that im from in North Dakota it isnt really accepted to be lgbt :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2015 at 08:10 PM ----------

Confuseddreamer family to some is everything. It is to me also which is why i would never be able to tell my parents. Im just hoping word gets to them about me. Then i will confess. They accept gays. Like my cousin is a transexual. She(he) is allowed to come visit my parents home but with rules. Smh. She cannot bring a bf. Be dressed as a woman. They dont want to hear anything about his lifestyle.

8. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :welcome:

I wish you well; its best to sort this out as you can when you're young (younger than I am).