1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender/orientation confusion

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by archerrose, Apr 10, 2015.

1. archerrose

Out Status:
    A few people
    Since I was a young kid I felt like a boy ( bio female ). My mom would make me wear dresses and wanted me to act like a lady. Instead I preferred to climb trees, wear pants, and play with cars and trucks and toy guns. I wore men's clothes or unisex clothes as an adult. However I have never wanted to take hormones or have surgery to become a male for personal reasons. Since I turned 40, ( I am 41 now ) I have changed. I am interested in stereotype girls stuff such as wearing pink, dresses and wearing make up. I feel that I am turning into a girl! It is scaring me and I am very confused. My question is this NORMAL? I keep thinking that it is a phase but it is going on too long to be a phase. It is freaking me out.

Also on top of this I have decided that I am bisexual and are into girls as well as boys. I think that I have always been attracted to both genders but suppressed it. But the feelings for women are getting stronger.

2. CyclingFan

Are you working with a therapist who deals with sexuality and gender issues? I'm 42 and coming out after suppressing things for so long stirred up a lot of questions for me about an entire range of stuff. She told me that that's not uncommon. Kinda like "well, you hd this from yourself for so long, what else could you be hiding?"

3. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You ask if it's "normal" which isn't a fair question. Really, is anything normal? Normal is an illusion. Don't be hard on yourself. I loved Barbie dolls as a kid but wasn't allowed to have one. Now I don't care about them. Seriously, sexuality is confusing and complicated. It evolves; it mutates, etc. a good therapist could help.

4. kristen48

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Archer, we are both male and female, sometime a little more than the other. I am MTF TG, but live in male mode for the same reasons. I know who I am inside, no matter how I present. There are days when I'd rather do female things, and days where working on a car, and doing make things are fun

What you are talking about is normal for us. Today would be a good day to spend at the spa..... enjoy.

5. BonnieJ2604

We are all different people and I believe that you should do what you feel is right. If you want to be both, neither or either feel free to. If you are struggling seek help within your local area. Google where you are from and LGBT+ support group. If you live in a large area there will probably be many and you may be able to receive help from many people at once.
    Best Wishes
    -Bonnie<3