1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's been a very gay weekend

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Pete1970, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Pete1970

So last night was my friends birthday and I was invited to go to dinner with him and some of his other gay friends. It was a nice time and they were all nice.
    Next we went to a gay bar (my first time). It was alot of fun. I've met some nice people became friends with some and now am making plans to do more stuff.

Today I went on a hike with my gay hiking group.

This whole time I never once felt uncomfortable or was afraid someone would see me. Heck there are even photos on facebook.

For those on here that worry about not knowing any gay people or how to integrate into the community, let me say that all it takes is 1 connection. A guy at a support group I used to go to recommended the hiking group, and 1 day I ran into a guy from the group at 5he gym and it spread from there.

2. CyclingFan

Being out can be a ton of fun, can't it? :slight_smile:

My big gay week has been going on 3 dates with a guy. It's been really fun getting to know him...2 of those dates were just us talking for 3 hours. When we kissed good night in front he asked if I cared about about the neighbors or anything. And it felt pretty damn great to say and mean "I don't give a shit".

I'm not sure of where it's going exactly, but we have several common life goals. Even if all of it isn't there, I feel like I've at least got a possible new friend. He has gone to the local gay hiking group and his description of the group was pretty positive. I was planning on checking it out. Oh and the gay cycling group seems like it's starting up again, which sounds great for me. I missed the first ride due to a date.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I fondly recall the first week I had such as yours. What an overall confidence boost having a gay week is, and confirming the decisions made such that you are able to enjoy it!

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's been a very gay year...problem is, it's all been in my mind.

5. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like a good weekend!

I have thought that too. Problem is, I am having trouble getting just that :***: 1 connection. :bang: