1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im 30 and just now realizing Im asexual. What now?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Jediknight36, May 4, 2015.

1. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So Ive always felt I never fit into any of the gender categories but because I present as male on the outside, I just delt with it. My now ex wife commented several times I didnt follow any gender roles, but until recently, I never had a way to describe how I feel inside. After speaking with some trans folk I work with in my non-profit, Ive come to teh conclusion Ive been Agender this whole time. Ime out to exactly 3 people, and Im honestly afraid to come out to anyone else, especially other trans folk. Will i be treated as if Im just looking for attention? I know I dont LOOK trans, so will I fit in? I just dont know where to go from here, or if I should just stop and keep hiding.

2. xxmiaxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    So what does that mean? I'm knew to this stuff that my husband has got me dealing with. He just told me he is a woman.

3. CalgaryMac

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure that you will find many people who know about asexual or a gender or neutrois. I'd search online for a support service or agency.

4. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Agender . I totally botched the title. I apologize. Im not asexual, but agender.

5. Foolish Mortal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Could you describe what that is please? I'm interested to learn.

Love your username btw, I'm going to Disney World for Star Wars Weekends this year, so excited!!

6. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry for the long wait for a reply. Its been a bad few weeks. As far as I can tell, it is when you feel that you are neither male nor female. Sometimes I feel more one way or the other, but most of the time, I feel very non-gender. Like a robot.

7. smurf

Aw, love the reference to BMO. Such an amazing character!

I'm a cis guy so take what I say for what it is, but from what I have heard friends and their experience most trans* people aren't going to be policing whether or not you are "trans enough". There will be some people that love policing identities, but I think they are largely in the minority.

Like said above, I think you should try and reach out to a local trans* support group. Hopefully with their help you'll be able to continue your exploration

8. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think that's a good idea. That's what I'm mostly afraid of, is being told I'm not trans enough. It's already happened once and it scared me. Getting told you don't fit gets old. Lol