1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One year ago sunday...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CyclingFan, May 15, 2015.

1. CyclingFan

This sunday marks the 1 year anniversary of a tough conversation I had with my now ex wife.

I sometimes cannot quite believe how much has changed in such a short period of time. Kinda blows me away, to be honest. I never thought I'd have that much strength to do so many of the things I've had to do, but here I am, with those things done. Not easy things, but done.

Thanks to everyone here who have given me support and let me know that I was by no means the only one going through, or who had gone through this sort of thing, and sharing your stories.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hope your marking the occasion with a glass of wine lounging in a comfortable chair!

3. CyclingFan

Thanks, I hope to do something along those lines this evening. :slight_smile:

4. headshaver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations. Tomorrow will be 1 month for me. Each day I get stronger and I look forward to being able to mark one year. I have some big hurdles in front of me but with the help of friends, the great advice if the folks on this site and knowing that things do keep getting better - I know that one year will be an amazing day of celebration.

5. CyclingFan

A ton of ups and downs.

I had a great conversation with my ex the other day, when I was feeling stressed out about work. Really helped get back in perspective about everything that we've done this crazy year. And, although things aren't perfect, we've been able to get through some really bad days and come out the other side as friends. Things do get better.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great that your both at a place to stay friends. I hope that continues :slight_smile:

7. doc

doc

Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congrats, belated on your anniversary. i had mine back in april and totally forgot about it.

just a note, that when things get tough for me i think about fellas like you and Great Whale and say i can be like them and come out the other side stronger.

9. tscott

Congratulations are indeed in order. This site has been a life saver for so many of us and continues to be.

10. CyclingFan

Thanks all. I'm not going to say it's been easy, and the changes both in dealing with personal relationships and dealing with changes in my head have been extremely challenging at times. I still sometimes think about how things could have been different, and that can be tough.

But I'm thankful for all the things that have gone well, and once I've got through some of the immediate pain of dealing with these, that I feel so much better. Ive still got a lot of stuff I'm working through, but I feel like I'm on the right path, even if it's still dark and scary at times.

11. SWburbchgo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [/QUOTE]

I agree with the above completely with the above statement. You two help more people than you know with your words and guidance. It is much appreciated.