1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date ever... advice?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CandleClock, May 31, 2015.

1. CandleClock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's in the post title. I started coming out about a year and a half ago. Now I've got a date lined up.Iknoe there's no magic formula and everyone goes into a firdt date feeling nervous regardless of age but... with zero experience, id there some unspoken ettequette I should be aware of? And also... what red flags should I be watching for? :help:

We're meeting in a public location and I'll be advising a trusted friend of my location. Any other safety procautions I should take?

I'm very nervous but very excited.This is a BIG step. Even if I end up hating the date (I hope not though because that would be dissappointing) I still feel like I've accomploshed something by getting this far.

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forget about it being a "date". Treat it like you are going somewhere interesting with someone you just met as a friend, and the focus is on what you will be doing, not her. Or, in other words, just be yourself, and let her see who you are. She will decide if she likes what she sees or not.

PS Most people are not axe murderers; axe murderers are actually quite rare. So don't get overly hung up on security, other than just going some place where both of you will be safe from other parties.

3. itsmary

Just relax and don't overthink. Go with the flow

4. CandleClock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. Especially the reminder that most people aren't axe murderers. I *know* this is the truth, but I've heard enough horror stories from (straight) friends to be wary.

5. MarthRoyIke

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I resent that! As an axe murderer, I'd like to take a stand against axe murderer erasure. We already face discrimination from a society against "needless" killing and I'm here with my Jason mask to say enough is enough! :lol:

Yeah just be yourself. Go in thinking nothing is special about this girl; don't have crazy expectations, just keep it casual.