1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First big step

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BobbyFabulous, Jun 5, 2015.

1. BobbyFabulous

Tonight I picked my sister up from the airport and I did the hardest thing I have done on this journey so far. I told my sister I was asexual, which she kind of assumed, and then that I was genderfluid. I was so nervous it took almost the entire car ride from the airport to where she was staying this weekend to get the words out. And I'm so glad I did. Out of everyone in my family I knew that she would understand the most. Even though she's cis gendered and straight she is the most accepting person in my family.

I had to make her promise, though I know she will never betray my trust in her, that she wouldn't tell my brother or parents because I just can't handle that and I'm not sure I ever will. My brother is gay but he's always taunted me about my sexuality and my parents like the happy little bubble they live in and normally go for denial rather than acceptance with things like this.

All in all it was really stressful and emotionally draining but the pay off to be able to talk to my sister for a couple of minutes about this was amazing.

2. bi2me

3. bibeauty28

bibeauty28 Guest

Coming out can be both the scariest and (in the right circumstances) most exhilarating and freeing thing we as LGBTQIA+ people can ever do. I can certainly relate to how you must have felt. I'm so happy for you, Bobby!

4. BobbyFabulous

Thank you both. I actually spent about three hours with her today talking about ideas for presenting as female when I identify as female.

5. Father Freddie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get on the Internet - asexuality is not a passing phase. There are lots of folks out there who live with this successfully. Google everything you can think of - you'll be surprised.

Another possibility - write to Ann Landers. I know that sounds silly, but she has a truckload of experience and may possibility send you some ideas you have not thought about.