1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Womaninamber leaves the house! (or at least I hope so)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by womaninamber, Jun 9, 2015.

1. womaninamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I signed up for a Pride-related women's event, a Jewish queer event, and a movie night which is more just a general meet-up thing, all of which have the advantage that I can get there easily on public transportation. If I don't chicken out and stay home, which is a very big "if." (I'm supposed to meet up with a specific group at the women's event but I screwed up arranging transportation to their last event and now I'm scared to face them.)

I just have this horrible feeling that I'll go and not talk to anyone, and/or go and spend the whole time writing social media posts about it in my head. I just worry people will think I'm not queer enough, or not Jewish enough (since this is first public Jewish event I've been to in many years) or not... whatever you have to be enough of to go see art house films. And of course there's a part of me that wishes I could go and meet a very nice woman to date and is making pretty pictures of that in my head, so that part of me needs to be reminded that it's not going to happen. But I'll probably go to all of them for at least a while. I hope.

2. bi2me

Just be yourself! If these groups aren't the right ones, there are many others out there. I'm sure others have had issues (transport, sick kids, etc) that caused them to late cancel or no show before. I imagine the Jewish Queer group will have Jews of many stripes from relatively observant to recovering. Movie night sounds like fun... Don't worry about being what others want you to be - that's likely part of what got you into this predicament.

3. floridagal1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Go and enjoy yourself. You deserve to have a good time!

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just relax and be yourself. no one can limit "how or how much" you have to be LGBT.