1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really upset!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Flutters1980, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really upset! Warning-long

Let me first off say that I am a lesbian in a heterosexual marriage. I am married to a wonderful and very supportive man who I've been very honest with about my feelings and sexuality. About a year ago we decided to stay married and open our relationship on both ends to keep our family stable to co-parent our child together. We have seperate bedrooms and live like roomate's, but still go to family gatherings together. Because, after all, we are still best friends and our daughter's parents.

About a week ago, I met a lady at a local meetup in my town and I asked her out for coffee. On our first date I told her my situation. My current family dynamic and that I was married to a man and co-parenting our daughter together. I told her that we are best friends and living as roomate's, and that we don't have sex together because I am a lesbian and that we are in an open marriage. After I told her that, she told me that my situation was understandable and she acted like she had no problem with it. After coffee we went to an event at her church and we had a great time! When I pulled up to drop her off she invited me into her place and we talked and enjoyed each other's company for a couple more hours.

Around 9:00pm I asked her what time she goes to bed and if I was keeping her up. She told me 9:00, but that she could wait 30 more minutes because she didn't have to go in as early the next day. At 9:30 I asked her if I should go and she said she could last 5 more minutes. At 9:35 I left and we hugged and she told me she had a lovely time and I told her the same.

The following day I texted her thanking her for the coffee and to tell her I had a great time, and she told me the same thing. That night she texted me to tell me orang is the new black had started airing and I missed her text because I had gone to bed early.

The next time I saw her we were going to meet each other at a local meetup group at a coffee house.
    That morning when I had saw her she turned cold as ice practically. She barely said hi and then turned and faced her friends pretty much ignoring me. I have aspergers and so does she and I didn't really know anyone there. By now my anxiety was through the roof and I was about to cry, so I got up and left without saying bye.

Two and a half hours later I texted her to apologize and explained that I started having an anxiety attack. The day ended with no reply from her. The next day I texted her another apology on her phone AND Facebook, then I just let it be.

This afternoon I finally got a reply back pretty much of her accusing me of being an adulterer. She sent me crazy links saying adultery was illegal in our state and implied to me that I was promiscuous, which Im not because I've only ever had 3 sexual parters EVER in my life at 35years old. I am also NOT just looking for sex but a REAL relationship with a woman! She accused me of wanting her as a booty call and made all of these nasty assumptions about me! I was completely honest with her from the start. I'm just really sad that someone who barely knows me would judge me like that! Sorry for the long post!

#1 Flutters1980, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. CyclingFan

I don't think you should feel too bad about this. Clearly she's got her own issues to deal with.

3. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the kind words.

4. bi2me

I agree... I'd put some distance between you. Sounds like something set her off, but it was probably not something you did.

5. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice! I already deleted her phone number and removed her from my Facebook account.

6. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it really doesn't matter at this point, but I'm thinking that her change of heart was due to talking to friends. What do y'all think?

7. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most likely. Friends have big influences on people but her loss. You don't need people who are jerks anyway.

8. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your input!

9. Wildside

Wildside Guest

sorry this happened to you, and as painful as it was to go through, you were really lucky that this didn't lead to a relationship. she sounds kind of scary. Good luck finding someone worth your time!

10. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Wildside.