1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late 30's and the epiphany

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by twohawks, Jun 28, 2015.

1. twohawks

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everyone. So, i think I am a lesbian. I have lived my life as straight as possible for way too long. I live with my boyfriend of three years and am no where ready to discuss this with him yet. I drank through most of this relationship and pretty much all of my other relationships to deal with the fact that I like women. I got so used to doing things this way I barely noticed I was different (unless an attractive butch went by then that would be on my mind for a few days) I sobered up last September, nine months now. Last week I went on a very spiritual hiking trip with a friend. When I woke up the next day, she was on my mind along with a lot of other women I've met or seen over the years. It was like someone knocking down a long wall of dominoes. The great epiphany. There is no more drinking for me. There is no way to hide this and no desire to. This is something I knew all along. So that's part of my story. I have told my two closest friend, both male, one is gay. This did not surprise either of them...especially my gay friend. They are both very supportive, more than I ever expected. I've got a lot to thing about and deal with but I am in no rush. Thanks for listening!

2. Chicagoblue

Awesome story.

3. twohawks

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanku!!!

4. bi2me

Congratulations on getting sober and finding yourself!

5. The Falcon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Perfect! Awesome.

You seem wonderful! It really happened like that to me as well. I constantly describe it as a religious experience - an epiphany I suppose. I was walking by the beach, when I realized that: there is nothing to accept, it is what it is. And I went home, and told my best friend everything...

Since than it has been hard, I had a tons of setbacks, but I'll never forget the epiphany. I just won't.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is what is most important! Peace.