1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does age matter to you, and why?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Gratitude, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Gratitude

Good morning everybody! I have been enjoying this EC experience immensely, and it just occurred to me that I am definitely one of the "senior" members.....makes me curious, how does age affect your life? I actually feel much younger than I am, perhaps due in part to my journey through self discovery these last few years, as well as surviving through more than a couple of health related issues. Your thoughts? Anyone here older than me? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I will cling to my inner child until the day I day.
    That's not to say I don't act mature in situations that require it, but I will never stop nor hide my liking of cartoons/anime, video games etc, or my my fantasies which are basically epic RPGs inside my head.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a bit older than you, and yes, I am enjoying the freedom that came with a divorce and discovering my sexuality, and indeed, it could be called a second adolescence, but I hesitate to call it a second youth.

I definitely think differently from when I was young, I find in fact that my mental capacity has expanded greatly. I find it easy to synthesize and combine things in original ways, I have a fluidity of thought and action that is like nothing before. I cherish this "maturity" very much, and I feel it is a kind of accomplishment.

4. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a little younger than you, and I too feel that I'm younger than my chronological age because of my journey of discovery. Finally being able to come out as gay has lifted a huge burden from me. I'm experiencing my second adolescence as a gay man. Plus I'm a big kid at heart. All of these factors have renewed my interest in life at midlife.