1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like I'm living two lives again.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 50ishandout, Jul 16, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

So I Came Out in March. I've personally told most everyone that I want to know I'm Gay. Home, work, friends, and others that matter.

The thing is now it's almost as if I'm stuck in a situation where some know some don't and it's weird, I'm very happy with my discussion to Come Out, just don't know what to do now. What's the next move. Don't know if I should just put it out there on Facebook and let everyone else know. Then it's final.

Any thoughts. Maybe I'm just having one of those crazy days.

2. bi2me

Someone on here has said that the opposite of being in the closet doesn't have to be singing the news from the rooftops. I think a Facebook announcement could be entirely appropriate (after all, if it's not on Facebook, it's not official), but if you aren't feeling it, it's not necessary. You can choose to announce it or just let it come up naturally in conversation and use the correct pronouns for the person you are dating/interested in dating.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    +1 what bi2me said

Perhaps creating a Facebook rainbow profile is just the thing ...

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you have personally told "everyone that matters", the Facebook listing would only tell "everyone who doesn't matter". If you feel like you want to do that to "finalize the deal" for anyone who is curious about you, then do it; otherwise there is really no need to broadcast it to people who probably wouldn't bother to notice this in the fine print on your Facebook page.