1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you start off platonic ???

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by timeforchange, Jul 16, 2015.

1. so from my last post i met someone that i am not sure of the sexual orientation. the guy could be gay, bi, or straight. when we met, we exchanged business cards. i am pretty confident that he is gay since there was a little bit of instant, stare down lets keep in contact.

that said, we're supposed to meet up and after the booze wore off, i can't really remember if i was really interested in him or not or what. we met for like a milisecond.

so he emailed me to hang out and we're going to hang out soon. just grab a few drinks and talk. he seems professional.

but i get myself into trouble sometimes when someone likes me more than i like them. or when you go on the "date" and you realize halfway in, this person is in friendzone and not date zone. i really need new gay friends as i do not have many gay friends. but how do you tell someone, that your'e not even confirmed is gay that you just want friends and not dating? i am sure i am making too much of this since we just met, but all the times this happens and if i just want to be friends, the guy either gets made or just vanishes. if we "come out" to each other during drinks, then what should i say about dating, assuming he wants to date me? he may not. i am not very experienced. any guidance...?

2. also, another question i have is what happens if you meet a guy and you guys go out and you arent' really interested in him romatically but he may have friends he can introduce you to? but i find with many initial meetings you may meet a guy and he likes you more than you like him and once it is determined you're not interested in him and he is in friendzone, a lot of times he vanishes and it not going to introduce you to his friends. what is the best way to keep the bridge open in these situations.