1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just broke up with my bf :'(

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by paris, Jul 21, 2015.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ... and it was the worst thing I've ever done and I've never felt so bad either. I still see his trembling chin when he was trying to suppress tears. To those who watch Once Upon A Time I totally see myself as Regina when she crushes someone's heart. :tears:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey pariis,

I have gone through a breakup already, i know it sucks. You will feel bad for days, and, if you were close, you will have some bad moments even after a few weeks or months. But things get better slowly.

My advice is: Allow yourself to cry. Of course, hanging out with friends, playing videogames and distracting yourself is also great, do it, but there is nothing wrong in being alone every now and then if you feel the need to cry.

What about ordering some pizza or a sandwich and watch some TV series?

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Chiroptera, I actually went for a walk, there's a small river close by where I live, took off my shoes and walked barefoot in order to ground myself but the grass was dry so it hurt my feet a little (think I needed to punish myself a bit as well), and while walking have had the longest talk with God in my life...

4. TeaTree

I feel I need to write to you, even if I don't know what to say...I just know that you were the one who told me yesterday that you felt like you were miserable for so long because it was so hard to make this step. And I myself don't feel strong enough, confortable enough with my own self to do what you did...
    So I can imagine how much strength you needed to do this...And I cannot even attempt to imagine how much it can hurt.
    But you did it, and you stood up for who you are and what you feel is right for you!
    I'm here if you need someone to talk to (*hug*).
    And I'm usually less cheesy too, but sometimes it hits me :slight_smile:

5. Apollonia

It is not an easy thing to do, but you will feel better eventually even if that is a cliched thing to say (but you know, cliches are based on something..)

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks TeaTree, a while ago I was actually thinking about all the married folks with children and how much more difficult it must be for them. I seriously can't even imagine that and have a huge respect for everyone who comes out.

---------- Post added 21st Jul 2015 at 09:39 PM ----------

Thanks bifemme, I just read what you wrote about crying after sex, that's something I can relate to so yeah, I should get better eventually. (*hug*)

7. bi2me

Hey Paris, I'm glad you were able to find the strength to give yourself space to figure out what/who/how you want to have (in) a relationship. I'm sure the next few weeks will be difficult. I'm here to listen if you want an ear :slight_smile:

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks bi2me, he sent me an email today (when we broke up he said he's gonna write something) and it wasn't easy to read; obviously on the scale from 0 to 10 he still loves me like 13. I feel somewhat numb.

Just an hour ago I came out to my parents (both gender and sexuality), mom kinda expected I'm into women but dad seemed paralysed, didn't say a word. Knowing him his main problem is "what will the people say?" Hope it won't affect our relationship.

9. bi2me

Hey Paris, I'm sure it can't be easy, to hear how your ex still feels about you. I hope it gets easier as time goes on.

I'm glad your mom seems unfazed by at least your orientation. Hopefully dad will come around soon. Congratulations on coming out to them!

10. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks bi2me. (*hug*)
    I was thinking that the only good thing about coming out later in life is my parents can't kick me out because the house is mine :lol:, beside that it's still rather an unpleasant experience. :icon_roll
    But hey, I did it! :icon_bigg