1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever want to Runaway?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 50ishandout, Jul 24, 2015.

1. 50ishandout

Since Coming Out I've had this resurgence of life. I see things so much differently. Most days are good.

Lately I've had the urge to Runaway and just do something totally different.

Anyone ever feel like this and where would the best Gay Place be to Runaway to?

2. biggayguy

Running away rarely solves your problems. U take them with you. However, you could try San Francisco or Chicago. They have gay-friendly areas. Are you running from people or from yourself? Many times tommow will be a better day. JMHO(*hug*)

3. 50ishandout

Didn't actually mean in a literal sense. More in a figurative sense. Too much responsibility. More when you were a kid and said you were going to Runaway back in the day.

4. Chicagoblue

Run to the sun. But with a purpose. Sell everything and move to FL and go back to school. Become a workout fanatic, read lots of books, party occasionally. Meet lots of cool gay and straight people. Be inspired to do something great (relative term): write a book, start a business.

These are my (day)dreams.

5. 50ishandout

Chicagoblue I'm with you on everything except Florida. Do dam hot. I'm a North Country guy.

6. Leifa

Yup! I fantasize about throwing a bunch of important things in the back of my car and just...going. With no destination just traveling and stop where the wind takes me. Sometimes I've thought about bringing a friend or lover too but yeah...

I am actually very interested in going somewhere with a bigger community and art scene though...like San Fransisco... it's also warmer there than here.

Ha when I was kid I was actually out the door a few times...so xD

7. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Running away can be fun and all, but please take this advice from my personal experience: if you're running away to get away from your "problem," don't. It'll be another waste of time and money. If you're gay here, you'll be gay there. If you're self-harming here, you'll be self-harming there. You need to be able to be at peace with yourself wherever it is that you are, and the best place to start is where you're at right this nanosecond. Don't run from that, ever.

8. i used to want to run away and not i dont want to run anymore. im out of gas, i just want to stop for good.

9. BENTLEY

Pretty much the same. I fantasize a lot about just, taking a couple belongings, grabbing a taxi and taking the next air plane ticket to whichever country is available by the time I reach the airport. Honestly, had I the economical standards, I would have done so by now, haha.

It's fun to think about going on adventures, meeting new people and starting a new life, but more often than not, I find myself fantasizing about running away because I just can't stand living here any longer. But I've come to terms that I'll have to wait till next year to move, and until then, I'll have to just hang in there, as I've been doing for basically ever. Only when I'm far away from this place, will I finally be free, and happy.