1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depersonalization

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by angeluscrzy, Aug 7, 2015.

1. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just curious how many have much experience with these feelings. I've had them for as long as I can remember, but only recently learned the name for it. I have a very long and sordid history of depression and such and have received damn near every diagnosis possible over the years with the exception of this. Of course, I guess at the time I worried I would sound TOO crazy perhaps. I feel as tho I go thru so much of my life just completely numb because any time I think about anything, my mind spirals off in a million different directions. Every problem seems to breed a dozen more or I can just see endless hurdles in getting there. Having had 4 short term hospitalizations as a teen, one long term (21 months) and several pill overdoses and scars up and down my arms from cutting, I feel like one day things just kinda snapped and then I just seemed to stop caring as much. Preservation of sanity I suppose.
    Now I feel like its become so engrained, that I am just unable to deal with pretty much anything. Like, I have no friends and tho I know I should have some (as I figure normal people do), I feel I'm crippled by severe anxiety, low self esteem and I feel like anytime someone does talk to me, I'm just wondering WHY and when will they leave me alone. I work constantly to provide for my kids, and don't have insurance, I have to make money to support them, but then need to get insurance to get help, but then its like to do that is taking money out of the house and hinderingy ability to provide as well..........I know its quite the rant, its just a small glimpse of the circle logic that I feel just buried under.
    Just kinda curious if others have experienced this as much, to what extent, and how they have coped. Thank you for any input.

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

You made a diplicate thread somehow.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I really don't understand how to do different stuff on here. I cant even figure out how to change my little "mood thing" either.

4. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Click on the Forum tab (you probably have done that if you are reading this)
    2. In the upper right corner you will see a Welcome angeluscrzy message and your mood
    3. Click on your mood to change it.
    Best
    SF

#4 SiennaFire, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  5. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can tell you this: anxiety is a terrible emotion that can destroy your life. I am still working to master it. I can sympathize with anyone who has a problem with this terrible emotion.

While we're talking about how to do stuff on here, where do you put the quotes if you want one with your posts. I have a cool one in mind but I don't know where to enter it on my profile.

6. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #6 SiennaFire, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  7. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how to do much of anything on here actually. I figure I can post so at least I can somewhat get by.