1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling woes

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CheekyStoat, Aug 10, 2015.

1. CheekyStoat

I travel a lot, I'm an androphile (attracted to men/masculinity) and I'm pretty meh about my own gender. People can make their own assumptions and I'm cool with either (or neither) and I'll do what I want. I have trouble meeting new people though. I don't know how to make friends and as much as I love being alone I'd like to meet someone who also likes to travel and who is either asexual or just has a super low sex drive (or is just happy having an open relationship and not sleeping with me very often XD).

I feel like my criteria is too strict and I feel like there's no one out there who'd be interested. I've had relationships in the past but it always ends up being long distance and I spend lots of money on just seeing them for a few weeks at a time. It sucks. I don't connect to people well or quickly and really I don't really know what to do. I'm not crazy lonely or anything, I love my solitude, but I'd really like to feel connected to another human being.

#1 CheekyStoat, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. BidiKlum

While I can't say I'm in a similar situation at all, I feel like this is one of the big benefits of the internet - finding like-minded people. Have you searched for online resources? I'm sure there are others out there who are looking for something similar, and unlike 50/20 years ago, it should be a lot easier to find that person! And since you travel a lot, the person's current location wouldn't be the problem it might otherwise be. Good luck!

3. bi2me

There are probably queer travel tours. Maybe taking a trip with one would be a good place to meet people you are interested in.

4. CheekyStoat

Thanks for the help, guys!

I might give a queer tour a go. I've done the forums of similar interests but I'm just too "inbetween" for a lot of what's out there. XD

Thanks for taking the time to comment! <3