1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Joshyx72, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Joshyx72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for three years and in those three years we've been thru hell and back, our families put us thru hell and so did our government i'm half Saudi half American and he's full Saudi we've been arrested before been beaten before and harassed by police officers all the time they raided our apartment burned all of our pictures together threw my boyfriend in jail, i paid all the money i had and begged and cried to everyone asking for help just to bail him out, After that i had to move back to California for my family's safety and i had to leave him there, we're still together spending everyday together online, I'm dying to feel his touch but so far every door has been shutting in our faces, He applied for a visa but he got refused because he was arrested before but he was arrested for being gay for being himself, I'm crying my heart out writing this because i feel so helpless i wanna marry him we always imagined that but right now it feels impossible i really don't know what to do, I feel like im all outta options and i really need help i found the love of my life and his life is at risk and i can't help him, his case is still on trial and they could have him killed for just being himself, i beg u if u can help us you'll be saving two lives not just one please help us ...

Joshua ..

2. zgirl81

First off, take a deep breath. Panic will not improve your current situation.

Have you contacted the embassy in Washington D.C. or the consulate in California to find out if there might be an alternate Visa path? There are all kinds of ways for people to acquire visas and it's possible that someone will be able to push his papers through as a hardship case once you've calmly explained the situation. You might also be able to talk to an immigration lawyer and get more specific information.

Keep trying and don't give up. With a visa issue the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Make sure you are courteous and clear with your story each and every time you tell it, and don't give up.

Encouragement story: I had an American friend working in Kuwait who was married to an Iraqi guy. They got pregnant and he was away from his family in Iraq when his twins were born. Unfortunately he couldn't get a visa to reenter Kuwait, and the babies couldn't get official birth certificates because Kuwait requires the father to sign (not the mother). Without birth certificates my friend couldn't leave the country with her babies when her contract was over. They just kept telling their story on both sides of the border, talking with all the authorities and politicians they could. Eventually they were able to get the father back to Kuwait and the whole family to the United States thanks to the right person hearing their story and taking political action.

Hugs to you both! Hang in there, and think positive! You two can absolutely beat this.

3. BidiKlum

Joshyx72, what is it you need? I think zgirl81 has some good ideas - contacting an embassy or consulate to find out if there is anything that can be done, talking to a lawyer. All we can provide here is a listening ear which if that is what you need this forum is great.

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can he fly to the UK and the two of you get married there? That might be something to look into.

5. Sue Baloo

It really sounds like he just needs to get out of the country and the two of you need to stay out. Most Muslim countries have a very hostile environment towards LGBTs, as you surely know. I think that zgirl had great advice about people to contact. I would also contact various LGBT political organizations in search of other help and/or ideas. There are also many zero to no cost immigration legal services that constantly deal with tricky situations that may have information for you, and there are websites that deal with the same thing that even have forums where people discuss these kinds of situations... and then of course the emotional support you can find here on EC.

Myself, I was raised in the states, but during a crumble in my own identity, and maybe my last attempt to squash my own true sexuality, I married a religious Muslim male from Morocco, and was married to him for ten years or so. He is the father of my kids, and I had to come out to him to end the relationship. He is a source of great stress in my children's and my own life, because of his hate for me now, and I bring this up to qualify my comments on the Muslim culture, and to hopefully help you feel a little less isolated.

There is help getting LGBTs out of countries with hostile environments. In my apartment complex, I have a neighbor from Lebanon who is a gay male, and he and his mother live in the states for their safety. You can do this, but it may be a ton of work.

Best of luck, and I wish you tons of patience and support. I hope to see more of you around EC.

---------- Post added 17th Aug 2015 at 07:01 AM ----------

Also try typing in the largest city close to you, along with the words LGBT services, into Google search. I came up for the link to my own city's just now, looking for help for me, and I noticed that when I clicked the link, they have help for LGBT immigration problems too.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Millions of people come here illegally every year, mostly from Mexico. Once they can get here, then they apply as hardship cases and have to be seen by a court before they can be deported. You need to talk to an immigration attorney about this, but simply as a thought, IF he could somehow get here physically, and IF you could marry him while he is here, that might be the game changer you need for him to acquire legal citizenship after some processing as your legal spouse. I am not a lawyer, but some people are; get their correct legal advice before proceeding with any plan.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dated a gay Muslim who immigrated from Kuwait. I asked what gay life was like living in Kuwait. He simply said "There is no gay life in Kuwait" in a very serious tone.

Many countries are heaven in comparison.

8. zgirl81

Yup. Lived in Kuwait for 2 years. Our neighbors were "sisters" who "rented an apartment together." You don't talk about it, even to other westerners for fear of losing your home/job, and Kuwait is one of the most liberal countries in that area. Always made me sad. :icon_sad:

9. Joshyx72

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you guys so much i was on the verge of breaking down when i wrote that... it is sadly the truth but for the first in a long time i don't feel so alone thank you so much it means the world for me, is it easier for him to get a visa for the uk or are they gonna deny his request cuz he was arrested and convicted but it was for being gay and he tried explaining it but they wouldn't listen, and if there's any way for him to come here illegally or legally we would do it right away, but thank you guys i really appreciate it i contacted LALGBT and asked for their legal aid department they said they could help with visas so i'm going there next week and i hope they can help me, im not really good at telling our story cuz i usually break down saying it cuz it really hurts so maybe i can write it down here and u guys can give me ur opinions or is my first post good?

again thank you guys so much

10. zgirl81

So glad to hear things are starting to look up!

Keep doing what you're doing and the situation will resolve. Contacting LALGBT is great! They'll be the ones to ask the advice from for where to get visas for. I'm pretty sure that if you two do go ahead and get married (if that's how he'll get his first visa) he will have to live in the USA without leaving it for 2+ years to get his long term visa to be able to stay without any problems.

There is never any problem being emotional! You're in a very tough situation. Hugs to you both!(*hug*)