1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She Left Today...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BidiKlum, Aug 18, 2015.

1. BidiKlum

My best friend - the one I had an affair with, fell in love with, and she didn't love me - left today. She was staying with us over the summer and now she will be halfway around the world again.

I know this is for the best, I need to figure out how to pick up the pieces and move on. But all I am is sad. So so sad. That I won't have the chance to be with her, that I won't be around her...My mind was already seeing a future with her...

I'm hurting so much right now, and since it was a secret I can't tell anyone about it and I have to pretend like I'm fine.

This sucks.

2. EastCoastGrl

That's a lot to keep inside. Stay here and keep talking. Hopefully it will help.(*hug*)

3. Molly1977

Hope you are ok, big hugs xxxx (*hug*)

4. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bidi,

Sorry you're are hurting. I know how difficult it is. As EastCoastGirl said stay here and keep talking. This is a good support system. Hugs.

5. BidiKlum

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it. xx

6. Sue Baloo

Aww, Bidi, how heartbreaking. Maybe her leaving will help bring you closure, so that you can move on. I wish I had more comforting words along with my support, love and friendship, but I think sometimes we need to just experience a certain level of sorrow and loss, because words can't take it all away. You are a beautiful, wise and caring woman, and I have been impressed with your posts since the first day I came to EC. I wish you nothing but the best. (*hug*)

7. High Art

That sucks :frowning2: (*hug*)

8. BidiKlum

:icon_redf Aww...thanks Sue Baloo. Thanks everyone.

I happened to have my regular therapist appointment yesterday evening and she got me to focus on some of the positive things happening in my life. And I had told one of my best friends about the situation early on, and she checked in with me and told me similar things Sue Baloo did.

So I'm doing better today. It will be a recovery process. But I'm doing better.

And am taking the time when I am already kind of a mess to refocus on my health and work (stopped smoking, re-started healthy eating and exercise, and - ahem - am now going to actually get some work done at the office today!)

Thanks again for the support everyone...that tight band that was squeezing my heart yesterday has started to loosen.

9. bi2me

Thinking about you (*hug*)