1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teenage-style crushes

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by High Art, Aug 21, 2015.

1. High Art

Now that I've blown the lid off my sexuality, I'm getting crazy crushes left right and centre. All women. TV show actors, random singers at bars, people I work with. It's like I'm 18 and single. I seriously haven't had crushes like this in years.

It's both fun and frustrating at the same time. Anyone with me on this?

2. TeaTree

Yes, me too :slight_smile: As you say, women from all over the place, people I see in the street, bars, work :slight_smile: Yesterday when I was out for lunch with a coworker who I really do have a crush on for a few weeks now and I think I was flirting with her apparently pretty obviously ( except for her it's not obvious:icon_sad:slight_smile:, a girls started kind of insistently looking and smiling at me. :slight_smile: This has never happened to me before, like this. So yeah, I thought I'm going crazy, but good to know it's not only me who this is happening to :slight_smile: I mean not the going crazy part, but the crushes. :slight_smile:

3. BidiKlum

Yup! Same here! :slight_smile: When I was out at the gay club last weekend there was a girl that I was totally smiling at and she was smiling back...fun. :slight_smile:

4. EastCoastGrl

omg how fun!

5. Sue Baloo

Nice change from feeling cold and nonrespondant for so long, right? :grin:

and for me it didn't task too long for me to start feeling in control of these 'crushes' enough to not be distracted by them

#5 Sue Baloo, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  6. setnyx

it's awesome how coming out opens a whole new world of possibility. like you've hit puberty...again. enjoy the ride.

7. CapColors

In a word: yup.

It's kind of embarrassing! I have to keep reminding myself to look in their eyes haha.

8. steve200

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for this post.

I recently began taking steps to come out and explore my homosexual side. I am really crushing on this guy I have hung out with/gone out with 3 times. I feel more vulnerable and I like how I feel at times and not at others because I feel a little imbalanced. In any case, I have never been with a guy, only females. Neither of us have made any moves, we've only hugged, but I was super aroused just by being around him. I think he is, but I don't know if he is into me as well. Ahhh, any advice? I guess I should just make a move! I also fully intend to tell him I have never been with a guy, of course.

I usually prefer face to face for nearly everything, but I am tempted to just message/email him my feelings. What do you fine people think?

#8 steve200, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  9. Jess36114

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've come out to only a few people, though crushing on or fantasies about women are nothing knew to me.