1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More emotional

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Sue Baloo, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Sue Baloo

Is anyone else going through this, or did they? I am so easily moved to tears now a days, not by sorrow, but by the beauty of life in all of it's various aspects. I am not upset about it, but it is just a huge change for me, as I never was much of a crier. I think it was because before I came out, I spent so much of my life partially numb to help keep such a major part of who I was, hidden from myself. Now it's like the volume has been turned up and I see everything so much more clearly, and am endlessly moved by people just living their lives.

I don't hate that I cry all of the time, but I look froward to having a little more control over it again. :icon_wink

#1 Sue Baloo, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do know what you mean! I've also noticed that when your'e more open about yourself you do tend to get more emotional. :tears: So being open about your sexuality not only to others, but to yourself would make you more emotional. (*hug*)

3. TeaTree

Yes, this, though I sometimes also cry a lot because I still have a decent amount of confusion and "letting go the old me" trauma manifesting.

And another, I would say related thing what I noticed is that I can be more present when I talk to people. It's like until now there was always some part of me I had to unconsciously control every second of the day (or more like it was controlling me), now this seems to have dissipated somehow. Though since I'm not out to people there is still a lot of self-control, but this is conscious and not so disturbing. :slight_smile:

4. TheSeeker

I've noticed this as well. I now cry at sad movies and empathize with people a whole lot more. I've become a much warmer and open person since coming out, and making friends has become incredibly easy to do. I love it.

5. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, and it feels like a friggin roller coaster! It feels like I've gone from seeing the world in a snowy, static-y, ghosted rabbit-ear-antenna quality view to seeing it in HD. Yes, things are clearer and easier to make out, so for me at least, yes, the good parts are that much better, but the bad parts are also that much worse... Everything burns just a little brighter.

6. Chicagoblue

Yeah, I just feel so alive when I can say "I'm Gay"...just feel like dancin' a jig or something.

7. ArtisticWoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I may be a bit opposite here. I had anxiety and depression forever, and would be so overcome with uncontrollable emotion. It was like it would brim to the surface and leak out, then go down a little and back up etc. Like once it was up it refused to go back down and so I'd be having a conversation and would be ok but start crying when something totally unrelated was being discussed. Like once it was up it became its own entitiy.

I don't become as easily overwhelmed as what I was experiencing before. And its more tied to a specific thing now instead of just the general anxiety I used to feel.