1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my colleague/friend :)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by TeaTree, Aug 26, 2015.

1. TeaTree

Sorry for starting new threads one after the other but I feel so good now that I really wanted to share all this positive energy I feel around me right now :slight_smile:

So the story goes like this: I wanted to come out to this colleague, we got pretty close in the last month, and she is one of the most open minded and positive people I know, so I really wanted this, especially that she will leave the company soon.

I decided to do it today, and it started to seem more difficult than I thought - also I didn't feel comfortable talking about this in public places.

I finally started talking about stuff, the issues with my boyfriend, that I realised I cannot be myself in the relationship, my confidence issues I've had in the past etc. But still couldn't get to the part where I really wanted.

So it was almost like that's it, it won't happen, but in the last minute I felt if I don't say it I will burst. So while shaking and ripping off leaves of a bush in the park (sorry bush :slight_smile: ) I told her I'm gay. My voice was shaking and I felt I'm going to faint or something.

And she had the most amazing reaction, like I told her something very beautiful and amazing, she was so supportive and also told me how much she admires me for telling her this and also for getting so far in life and in exploring myself. I felt that strange new feeling when someone is really proud of you. And I felt so confident and felt again this huge strength which is always inside me just sometimes I forget about it.

I still feel high after the experience, I feel so in touch with myself and sooo happy :slight_smile: I came home smiling constantly, just could't stop :slight_smile: I just feel so happy and sooo gay right now :icon_bigg

2. High Art

(!)(!)Woohoo!!!! Yes!!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really pleased for you. :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing your news with us too; it's really good for other members (and non-members) to read about a positive coming out experience. So often, we worry that everyone will be against us, but stories like yours offer a different perspective and we need that. It's a reminder that attitudes are changing.

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Aw congrats! I though I was too tired to reply to a thread right now but this was worth it! :icon_bigg

5. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome job! I know how difficult it is to do...you're on the road to becoming (and sharing openly) the authentic you :slight_smile: it definitely does provide those of us still hesitant to share such information with others hope for an amazing outcome. Bravo :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is often not easy even if we confide in someone who we know for some time, and have a feeling that we can trust them. It took courage to be open with her in a public place.

Congratulations on coming out to your co-worker! I'm happy for you that her reaction was amazing and supportive. :slight_smile:

7. freeapril

Yay!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you! I totally relate to that last-minute feeling. Good for you for being so brave and getting the words out! And how great to have such a positive experience! :slight_smile:

8. latenlife lez

Congrats

Great courage and what a wonderful response you got

Enjoy the good feelings

9. TeaTree

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: I still feel the afterglow of this :slight_smile:
    Though I'm a bit sad that she will leave the country in a few days, but this experience gave me a lot of strength and confidence in going further on my own path :slight_smile:
    I really wish to all of you an experience like this, we all deserve it so much :slight_smile:

10. BidiKlum

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that this worked out so well, what a wonderful positive experience. Yay for you!!

11. bi2me

Yay!!!!!