1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

31yrs old married and just told my husband I'm gay....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by go figure, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi,
    So 2 weeks ago I told my husband, who I've been with for 13 years I'm gay. It was a totally unplanned thing that happened in the middle of a panic attack. I've only started having panic attacks in the last month,so I'm still learning how to deal with those when they happen.

Anyways, in the middle of my break down I tell my husband I'm gay. The problem I'm having is I had never even allowed myself to mutter those words to my own reflection,and now I've said it to him. He's been really supportive all things considering, I can't even imagine what it's like to be on the receiving end of those words.

But now I'm not even sure what to do. I mean I've always thought in the back of my head "maybe I'm bi" but I've never really put to much thought into it. Now though it's out there and I've had time to think I know 100% that it's my truth. Everything else however is a big question mark.

I've never imagined my life with out my husband, he's my bestfriend. And I'm definitely not at the point where I want to go out and date. I've only allowed my self to really think about all this for 2 weeks. But I think not having any answers for my husband and not really knowing anyone else who's been through anything similar to ask advice from or gain any kind of perspective from, is actually causing these anxiety issues to be more prevalent.

Also I should mention we have 3 wonderful kids. So there's that, not a talk I'm looking forward to in the future.

Any advice on any of this, just to kind of get me kick started in the right direction would be so helpful. I know it's something I have to come into on my own, in my own time. But right now it all feels so heavy.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.