1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustration

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Thelyingleo, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Thelyingleo

It seems that a lot has happened since my last post here, I'm sorry that I've not checked in more. So my last post was in February, and was about me going to Canada to spend two weeks with my then girlfriend. That didn't work out, but it's ok, she was the only woman that I had ever been with and it taught me A LOT about myself and how differently dating a woman is. I moved out into my own place at the beginning of April, and not only was that a big step in closing a door on my heterosexual life, but it's the first time in my adult life that I've ever lived alone! With all three of my daughters being adults, this is the first time I've been truly living alone, and that has also taught me A LOT about myself.
    Now I'm dealing with the frustration of being an invisible femme. I started an LGBTQ MeetUp group in my area, in hopes of finding my special someone, and while I am making some great friends, I am not finding "Her". I joined *** and *******, and while I did talk to a woman on one of them, I have not met "Her". I live in a semi rural area, and finding my community here has been like pulling teeth, hence the meetup group.
    While I know that it takes time to find the one, it's frustrating that with me coming out in my early 40's, I feel like I am missing out on precious time with that someone special. Does anyone out there feel this too? I just want to get out there and date, laugh, fall in love, and experience life the way that I should have from the get go.

By the way, I really do love living on my own, and I'll never ever regret this journey! :thumbsup:

2. CameronMR

I'm happy you are enjoying living on your own. That part it's terrifying to me, muy kids are not grown yet. Congrats and I understand the invisibility, I'm in a small red neck town, hard to find the lesbians, and let's face it, my long blonde hair and trail of children doesn't paint me gay!

3. Thelyingleo

My last little bird left the nest this year, and it was bittersweet. Are your kids young still? I live in a semi red neck area lol, still lots of cowboys and rodeos going on all over, it's nuts. My looks don't paint me gay either lmao, I have been trying to do things that are signs, like wearing a rainbow bracelet, and putting a rainbow bandana on my rear view mirror lol. I dunno what else to do?