1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to one more...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, Aug 31, 2015.

1. CameronMR

I came out to my playmate today and so that makes a total of....5 people who know I'm gay. And she's also the only one who believes me. Everyone else dismisses the info by "reminding" me I'm bi. You know what my playmate said? She said she supported me, and offered cuddles. She is happy I'm being true to myself, recognizes how difficult it is and just wants to put her arms around me and tell me it's ok.

I'm lucky to have her.

#1 CameronMR, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. BidiKlum

That's really good! I'm not sure what a "playmate" is but yes, you are lucky to have her. :slight_smile: So glad that she is taking you seriously.

3. TeaTree

So happy for you :slight_smile:
    I think this is what most of us wants, someone who accepts unconditionally how we feel and who we are right now and puts their arm around us and tells us that it's ok. Wow. Feel like crying now. This was so beautiful (*hug*)

I'm also pondering to come out to a high school friend I'll meet next weekend because I'm afraid she wouldn't believe me. But maybe it's worth trying :slight_smile:

4. CameronMR

playmate is basically friends with benefits. My bf and I have an open relationship, however, I am not interested in men. So when I told his yesterday that I was struggling with my sexuality, he thinks that means I want to "f@#* women more often" which is completely missing the point. *sigh*

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2015 at 10:17 AM ----------

(*hug*)hands you a tissue(*hug*)

If you decide to come out to your friend, I wish you all the best! I hope she is as supportive as my friend has been.

5. BidiKlum

Aha. Thanks for the clarification!

Can I suggest that maybe your BF is trying to protect your guys' relationship? Cause if you are 100% lesbian then...he can't really be your boyfriend, right?

6. CameronMR

you are right, he is. but it is what it is, and even if we continue living in the same house until I graduate, it will never be the same. I'll just move into the spare room or something.