1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now what?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Latetothegame, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Latetothegame

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, so I finally have come to terms with my sexuality and I am ready to start meeting people and dating. It seems though that there is no where to meet older people (30 and above). Most LGBT groups are for high school and college age kids. I am not in an urban area and I am in the South so there isn't many places to go to meet people. I have tried some of the online sites but I'm a little creeped out by that. Where do people go to meet others?

2. CameronMR

I've met wonderful outsole though dating sites. Just be cautious if you go that route. Go to any and all pride events, make yourself visible. Slap on a rainbow. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sorry, that's all I can offer. I'm going to get a haircut on Thursday. :grin: and a colour. I'm excited!!

3. Really

Hey CameroMR! Like your avatar? :wink:

4. EastCoastGrl

Try meetup.com. Search for LGBT or lesbian in your area. It's not a dating site. It just a site where people with similair interests get together and do stuff. Easy to make friends at those events.

Also, are there any gay bars in your area?

How about gay & lesbian centers? Can you volunteer at any of those places?