1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a coward?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Fallingforfall, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Fallingforfall

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All my life I've been afraid to be I've become a hermit into my self afraid like who I like. My nephew comes out and all I can think is why can't I step up and it's about damn time. But I isolated myself so much what would I even do? how would even start? I'm tired of taking Zoloft to try to make myself happy.

2. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi fallingforfall,
    First off I would like to say you are not a coward, this is a scary time for a lot of people. So please don't feel alone. Secondly, You came on this site and reached out to others, that's awesome and something you should be proud of. That is a start. And a damn good one!! (!(!)

I think we all have good days and bad days, especially in the beginning. I know I do. But, try to just take small steps, and be proud of them. It's hard sometimes but try to keep in mind that a bunch of small steps eventually equal a big one!!:thumbsup:

Stay positive my friend!!(*hug*)

3. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fallingforfall, don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has their own process. As go figure said you came on this site, that's a step. There are a lot of us on here, all with different situations, all super supportive and willing to listening. Take you time to be comfortable with yourself and who you truly are, and to accept yourself. Each day is a chance to begin again, move forward. Welcome, hope we can help with your journey.

4. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is nothing cowardly about being in the closet. All of us have walked a different journey in life and there's no reason to criticize yourself. I will say that my own coming out journey has made me a great deal more compassionate to myself and others because it required me to examine my life. It's more than just awakening to the fact that I'm a lesbian. Because of the soul searching as part of the coming out process, I now understand myself in a way I never did before, and am starting to be much more forgiving toward myself, which is helping me to be an all around better person. I'm living an authentic life, true to myself for the first time. I have suffered from social anxiety, severe self loathing and a lot of other things. Learn to be compassionate with yourself. It's the greatest gift you can give to yourself and it will change your life.