1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little update...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by CameronMR, Sep 18, 2015.

1. CameronMR

So after I came out to T, he was angry. Understandable. He was in denial. Also understandable. He went through al the grief processes, within the first 2 days. He is resting at equal parts depression and acceptance. He smiles and laughs with the kids still, he's a little more temperamental, or maybe that's not the word, just a bit more touchy. He is polite and civil.

This morning, he woke me up at 6 wanting to cuddle. Which I was ok with, but I still didn't like being woken up. He tickled my back(which I love) part of me wanted to yell HANDS TO YOURSELF but I didn't because after he's gone, whos gonna do it? (haha) Then there was a hand on my butt.

I just said DONT. He quickly withdrew his hand and apologised. I thought at this point that he didn't really understand the gravity of the words, "I'm a lesbian" Before I could finish that thought, he said "well, can we still get together with (name of couple we used to play with) we can swap" I said, you seem to miss the pint of the whole lesbian thing. he just said "oh"

Later on I get a text talking about how we will be living together for many years to come... I;m like HOLD THE PHONE! I told him we need to come together and decide of specific boundaries outlining what we are comfortable with in this new style of relationship. Then he went on about how he would never want to get together with me, hes not dumb.

*sigh*

I just want us to be well off enough that we can afford to live without each other. Then, I want us to live withut each other. BUT I still want us to be in each others lives. Like go camping together. Go to spark together. Hang at the beach. Have the odd family dinner just like old times.

Most of all, I want him to date! theres a girl who is interested in him, so I told him he should shoot her a text sometime. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

the kids don't know, and they don't need to yet. Id rather it just be a slow separation, where they are just there, and catch on. T said I could invite any gf I want over for dinner. Do you think that would be weird or what?! I doubt SHE would be ok with it. lol

ok, I am just rambling now.

How has it been for you guys with your exes since coming out??

2. CapColors

Goodness! How complicated. But honestly you both seem to be handling it pretty well? Like not to say it's not painful but you both seem to be acting like adults. I'm impressed. :slight_smile:

3. CameronMR

thanks, I hope we are handling it well. He keeps blasting music specifically so I can hear the lyrics as they relate to his emotions, lyrics about being broken. I get it. I really do and I am sure the musc is soothing AND it seems childish to me, but we all deal with things in our own way. *sigh* this too shall pass