1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to move on

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mystic flower, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to vent and feel that none of my people will understand. They are supportive, but I always sense a pinch of uneasiness. Note that I may ramble, just need to get this out as I am weaning off therapy and don't have a session for another couple of weeks.

So, it has been roughly a year since the third wheel in our marriage has been out of the picture and out of our home. We still communicate, but it's more of a polite friendship type and none of the romantic nature that it used to be. She had been inviting me over but since she is toxic, I have been declining. I was hoping that she will get the message that I no longer want her romantically. I have an anxiety disorder, in the beginnning of our relationship, she had given me my voice back and helped me to stand up to my then abusive husband. Oh what a year can do! I am thankful both my husband and I have changed and decided to sober up. It was the relationship that we had with her as our third wheel that we were able to work things out for the better. But she was there to help me set boundaries and was my support system as I had kept the details of the abuse from everyone else. For that, I will always be thankful to her and respect her for stepping up and help me out of the vicious cycle of mental abuse. As she is more aggresive than I am, it is hard for me to be firm with her. As I said before, she is toxic: she can use words and actions against anyone that crosses her, and she can do much damage to one's reputation and ultimately self esteem. . . that is how crazy she is. Blegh, this does not make sense anymore so maybe weaning off therapy isn't a good idea for now.

2. IrishJ

Hello Mystic,

Weaning off therapy can be challenging. Finding your voice, realizing that a third wheel is now in the way of your progress should be empowering. Might be a good idea to schedule an earlier appointment than you had planned for a bump to help you better handle the situation. Crazy is Crazy, you cannot change that but you can empower yourself to handle these situations from a place of strength and courage. Be well - J

3. CapColors

What johnvegas said.

4. bi2me

I'll put in a ditto too!

Good luck! It sounds like having a third wheel worked for a while and now it doesn't. Good for you for being able to tell the difference. :slight_smile:

5. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all,
    I have made an appointment for a therapy session.