1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As time goes by.....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Casper22, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Casper22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone! I hope that you are all going well.

Over the past few days I have had this sinking feeling that I am letting life slip through my fingers. I know that this is a rather morbid thing to say! It feels as though I am on the sidelines, and I always think that at some point in the future I am gonna jump in a grab life by the s***** of the neck - you know just let go of all of my worries and anxieties and just live life. However, that point never seems to come - I seem to be perpetually holding back on embracing life, holding back on letting go, always thinking that 'soon' it will happen.

I was thinking today that I am in a very similar place to where I was 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 6 years ago - it is like I have become so used to living on the sidelines, that without me realising it, it has just become my life. It as though I have become so used to avoiding dealing with my sexuality in a concrete and definitive way that it has become hard to break that cycle. And while I have made some progress over the past few years, it just feels incredibly slow, as though it is going to take me forever to get there.

I don't know what is holding me back so much, I just hope that this realisation gives me the strength to break free of these shackles once and for all! As more and more time goes by, I realise that this life is not a dress rehearsal, this is the real deal and we only get one shot at it!

Sean. :slight_smile:

#1 Casper22, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Casper22, if I were you, I would take a screenshot of what you just wrote. Print it and keep it somewhere safe. A month from now, six months, a year, and so on, re read it. As you just wrote "I realise that this life is not a dress rehearsal, this is the real deal and we only get one shot at it!" - always remember that!

Set some realistic goals, write those down as well, and start achieving them! Live life!