1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premonitions about others?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by cate1515, Sep 26, 2015.

1. cate1515

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does anyone else feel like they can "sense" that another person is gay/bi without them even realizing it? When I first started becoming friends with my now girlfriend whose also my best friend, I could just "sense" that we would someday kiss and had a vision of us kissing and having that type of relationship. I don't know how, bc I never have had visions of me doing that with any other friend. She was married also, has kids also, and we very quickly became best friends. After we became closer friends, I brushed aside the visions of us kissing and having that type of relationship, but we developed a very strong emotional relationship. One night that became a complete relationship and we have been together for 6 months now. I remember thinking the night it finally happened, I knew this would happen, I don't know how but I did. It felt completely natural, and totally meant to be. I didn't acknowledge that I was a lesbian until that first night we were together 6 months ago.

Now tonight, Im kinda freaked out by my premonitions because there was this girl I was friends with in high school, that I sensed was a lesbian and had a vision of her telling me she was a lesbian. We weren't very close, but we talked a lot. I wasn't physically attracted to her, but I remember we had some type of connection and I remember feeling at the time like she needed me as a friend bc she felt different even though she never told me that and acted like she liked boys. This was way before I even began to acknowledge to myself I was a lesbian and never would have thought of myself that way. I haven't talked to this girl since HS or just after and she doesn't post on fb much but she just recently did and it was pics of her at her wedding to another woman. Seeing that freaked me out, because it brought me back to high school and realized my premonitions about her were true, probably even before she realized it. There was also a guy friend in hs I could sense needed me to be a friend bc he felt different who years later also came out. Kinda creepy but it all makes sense to me now!

#1 cate1515, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I would have to say that your instincts are on cue, I think in the gay community they call it a "Gaydar", maybe you could start the word, "Lezbar" and make it go viral, if it isn't already there. I think everyone can ID someone fairly easy, females are very good at this judgement because they are way more attentive to people's body language then strait men are. See, I can stand around at a smoke break at work, and talk to guys and girls all day long, and the only ones who ever really read my body language, are the females, and I can see them and feel them trying to figure me out, while the dudes just keep rambling on about whatever it is they are going off about, LOL, yea, I keep my life to myself because I don't need to make a big deal about it at work, after all do the strait ones go around and constantly make it known that they are strait? nope.

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Sometimes I know someone is LGBT, before they really know it themselves. That includes people that I've only talked to for 5 minutes about random things. It's not just because I read books about body language and other subjects... although that does help! I'm relatively young, and a lot of people called me "psychic" at college.

My insight is usually terrifyingly accurate. I have to be careful how I explain some of my ideas to people, because folks might go into denial (projection seems to another common reaction), for whatever reasons.

I can envision events years into the future. One problem is, you can tell someone what is likely to happen to them, and then them knowing what is likely to happen to them, can actually make the event less likely to occur, even if it's a very positive event that they really want.

It reminds me of this:
    Introverted Intuition (Ni)

Maybe I developed "introverted intuition" because most of the people I hang around with are INFJs. It's not even one of my top 4 most used functions! Then again, I think Carl Jung said some people are so crazy that it's impossible to "type" them :lol:

4. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

OMG, you seriously didn't just try and make my post look dumb, as you start talking about how you can read the future. OMG, really. oh boy, this has gone to far, time for bed.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about my own experiences with premonitions. Sorry if you feel that I tried to make your post look dumb. Plus I made the disclaimer that I might be crazy =P

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's worth noting that I don't believe in "psychics" (people called psychics exist, but I don't believe "psychics" have "psychic powers"), but I'm usually good at reading people.

For example, I could sense that someone's relationship with his wife, was doomed for failure. If I told them, then they probably wouldn't listen to me, and my intervention might have made their situation worse. Plus it's not the nicest thing to say at a wedding. I wished them well and I hoped that my premonition was wrong. My premonitions aren't correct 100% of the time, but they're correct 9 times out of 10.

She loved the guy's money more than she loved him. I was 90% sure of that within several minutes. I was 100% sure of it when they divorced around a year later. It turned out that he wasn't her first "victim." I don't think most people are THAT manipulative, unless you back them into a corner.