1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Princesscharlie, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Princesscharlie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I'm new to ec and at 31 yrs old have only just started to accept who I really am and that's a lesbian I have however known this my whole life but have hidden it for so long, this has been emotionally and mentally draining for me and I just feel like I can't do it anymore.

I have come to terms with it all in my own head however my story is so complicated. I'm in a relationship with a man and I have a child it's my unhappiness in this relationship that's led me to the decision I can't live a lie anymore. It breaks my heart I just want to be me and not lie every day. Is anyone else in a similar situation advise would be greatly appreciated. The man I am with there is no physical side to it I love him like family not as a partner I don't want to hurt anyone but if I don't be true it's only myself that hurts.

2. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. I'm not in quite the same boat but I am just beginning to acknowledge that I'm bi after being married and with a daughter. My realisation has brought on its own set of challenges. It really is like being hit with a ton of bricks when you first start to recognise this part of yourself. So I empathise and I hope you find the support you need in here.

The posters on this site are warm and supportive, I'm sure more will chime in.
    Thanks for sharing your story and be sure to keep sharing.

#2 baristajedi, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Princesscharlie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww thank you so much it's a scary time. Hope you are ok it's a lot to work out and your right it does hit you like a ton of bricks. Thanks for the reply Xx

4. mellie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You're in good company here. I just came out to my husband of 10 years. We have two small children. The only advice I can offer is to be honest with yourself. Once you do that, you'll find you have the answers.

5. EastCoastGrl

Hi Princess

I'm not in your situation, but want to offer my support. I am an out lesbian and I can only imagine how it feels to be living a lie. You are right to make the change, as there may be bumps in the road, but in the end, you can find happiness and contentment when you live an authentic life.

6. CapColors

Welcome. There are many threads related to your situation; some of them are currently active, although many of the older ones are still relevant.

One thread that's active right now is "Alternatives to Divorce" but there are others.

I would start by reading around and seeing that a) you aren't alone and b) how others have handled this type of situation.

7. Chicagoblue

8. Princesscharlie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for the support everyone it's overwhelming and amazing. Wow mellie that's amazing and I hope you are happy and your little ones....happy mummy happy kids :slight_smile:

9. bi2me

Hi PrincessCharlie,

Welcome to EC!

10. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yup , there send to be quite a few of us around here in similar situations. I always acknowledged i was bi, arrested realizing I'm more gay than bi, tho, and that I'm somewhere under the genderqueer umbrella. Been with my husband since we were kids and we have 4 children together. It's like bricks, then being smashed by s truck every time you realize more about your self, or when the doubting starts.

good luck on your journey, EC was the right place to come to deal with all this!

11. earnestendeavor

Out Status:
    A few people
    You are not alone. I'm Married, 4 kids, always have known, Told my husband years ago, but now am telling others. It's tricky. Many of us in the same boat as you. Even though there are others with your same situation, and it doesn't really make it easier to do hard things...at least it can bring hope and peace seeing others stand by your side. Keep on being honest. You are doing great.

12. Faazi

Hi Princess C. Welcome to EC. I have not been in your situation but I do believe you will find a lot of support and good advice here on EC. A thought I have is that perhaps you can source a good therapist to help you along this journey, if possible.

Therapy has helped me in so many parts of my life and you would need some kind of support for the road ahead to the truer you :slight_smile: