1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Navigating new world

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Sep 29, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It dawned on me today that I'm finally starting to navigate a world that's new to me. I work around and see in my community a number of really cute guys. And I find myself thinking things like, Damn, he's cute! and I wonder if he's gay? and I wonder if he's a good person? and I wonder if he's mature enough? In other words, I'm having a mix of thoughts that I bet your average 13 year old would have. Though I haven't been 13 in a good while. :slight_smile: It feels a little weird to be finally letting myself experience this, something I figure your average 8th grader goes through. But it is exciting. :slight_smile:

(Granted, I wish every day that I'd gotten to start earlier... :icon_sad:slight_smile:

2. High Art

Yep. Me too, but with women... Kind of fun, kind of tiring :slight_smile:

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, finally being free to just feel a natural attraction to another guy is amazing.

4. 50ishandout

It is a strange feeling. Since I've Come Out I find myself looking all the time. Never noticed so many cute guys before.

I also find myself flirting with guys if I think they my be gay. There is this one kid who works at the bank I go to all the time. I was in his line another teller wanted to help me and he said oh your not going to wait for me in such an adorable way. Of course I waited for him.

He seemed to be about 22 , 23 years old. Then we were talking and I casually asked how old he was and he told me 19.

I felt like a dirty old man.

5. High Art

:lol:
    I have had a couple of young young women "like" my profile on this lesbian app I am on, and I feel like a dirty old woman! So funny. Talk about a shift in perspective.

6. CapColors

I feel like this too! Except it stresses me out, because I'm not use to being so...to me it feels like I'm agressive in my mind, having all these thoughts about strangers. It freaks me out---as a straight woman I saw men as people first (I think? It's been so long since I looked at anyone but my husband) and now I'm like objectifying women left and right. It makes me feel uneasy, to be honest.

7. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think being attracted to or even "lusting" after someone is objectifying them CapColors. That would be more if you only saw them as a means to provide for your satisfaction combined with the inability or refusal to see them as a person. We all encounter people who we might be attracted to but it doesn't mean you wouldn't treat them as a person.

8. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I'm enjoying the freedom and the flirting,and it's making me go to new places which is also a good thing because there are places where I already know I'm wasting my time, so it's expanding my world, so to say.

9. TeaTree

This is fun and exhausting in the same time :slight_smile:
    "Oh, she's cute" "I wonder if she's gay" "Hm, all these women seem gay" "Ok, all these women seem to be here with their boyfriends" "Screw this, I'm the only gay woman in this town..."

10. Distant Echo

Oh I really relate this this. It's like being a teenager all over again.
    Was havingg lunch at a local pub last week and a woman walked past me and damn! Her clothes suited her very well. I was taken aback at how much I enjoyed watching her walk. I seem to be doing that a lot.

11. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    could it be that you saw men as people first because, on a different level; the one you're on now, you were not attracted to them sexually? and finding someone attractive and having strong thoughts for them isn't objectifying them, as someone else said, it's just feeling your authentic attraction. if you're worried about objectifying someone, i would say that you would not do that to another person.(*hug*)

12. CapColors

Thanks, Zen. That's comforting. It's true that I would never treat someone like an object if I were to interact with them.

But on the other hand, I'm not thinking about how nice their personalities are, either! :icon_wink

I think that after all these years of being in groups of straight women who hate being objectified, I just feel uncomfortable being on the other side of it.

And since I can't form a relationship with any woman right now (because I'm married), I'm kind of left focusing inordinately on the physical aspect of it.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2015 at 11:57 AM ----------

OMG right?!

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2015 at 11:59 AM ----------

Condolences!

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2015 at 12:12 PM ----------

It's a possibility I've considered. I have come to the working conclusion:

a) either I have years and years of not thinking of men sexually because I've been married but I don't have any inoculation against women (I'm developing immunity but it's slow because everyone is hot, lol)

b) I'm just more interested in women at the moment

Thanks man. (*hug*)