1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interested but frustrated

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by crazydog15, Oct 1, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I went and hung out with an acquaintance of mine tonight. A guy. A really cute guy, no less, and I found the whole experience interesting but kind of frustrating. I need to vent.

Okay, so we went to this event. I'm not 100% sure if the guy is straight, but we went anyway. And I think I had a pretty good time. I think he had a pretty good time. This is maybe the first time I've really hung out with someone since I've come out, since I haven't been afraid to tell someone I'm gay. (I haven't told him yet, but if he asks, I'm not going to lie.)

I've been really introverted and stuff my whole life, and being forced into a (bleeping) closet didn't help. But now I'm starting, starting, to get out there and go out and talk to people. That was exciting. Making people laugh was exciting. Making good conversation was exciting, even with strangers. It's something I've wanted for many years, but was never open enough to allow to happen.

But it was frustrating all at the same time. First and foremost, is this guy gay? He mentioned some old girlfriend of his, so maybe he's straight, but does that really mean he's straight? No... Second, even though I'm acting "open," am I still being myself? Or am I trying to be the straight-acting guy I always wanted to be?? I don't know. I just don't know. :bang:

Okay, rant over. :confused:

2. anonymous cat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to have the same problem and I still am so I feel for ya, you're not alone. I keep to myself and I have social anxiety making it hard to make friends and ask REALLY cute guys if they're gay... But what I've learned is that sometimes you just gotta let them go if you find out they are not gay.

1) You gotta ask him if hes gay/bi/straight, you won't know until you ask.

2) If he had some old girlfriend then hopefully he might be Bi but you won't know really until you ask him

3) If hes straight then hes straight. There could be an exception but if he says that he is then he probably is. (Unless hes in the closet and you cant do much about that unless he decided to come out)

4) If you feel that being open is nice and it feels right, then that's good but do what feels right for you

Really hope this helps

#2 anonymous cat, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015