1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you for being here!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SnowshoeGeek, Oct 6, 2015.

1. SnowshoeGeek

I just wanted to stop and tell all of the amazing people who have been posting in this forum these past weeks since I joined. It seems like there was a clump of us who started at the same time and suddenly we all chat together, and I keep hearing from more and more people who are doing this "later in life". And I wanted to say, the camaraderie I have experienced here is absolutely phenomenal and I feel so incredibly grateful for it. I love hearing your stories and being able to tell mine. We seem to share so many of the same feelings and here I truly felt that I was all alone in the world and TRES WEIRD. Well, I know I am that latter part but I feel so at home here! So - thank you ALL for being here!

(&&&)(!):smilewave:icon_bigg(*hug*):kiss: :thumbsup:

2. Distant Echo

I gotta agree. I've gone from "oh shite I came out what am I going to do" to "oh hey I'm not the only one and what I am feeling is normal"
    This place is the first place I check of a morning and the last place I check at night.
    The community here is truly incredible and I am truly grateful that I found it.
    You are all amazing

3. TeaTree

This is nice to read. I'm also extremely grateful for all of you, for being here and realizing that I'm not alone with this. :slight_smile: (&&&)

4. mellie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You ladies and gentlemen are amazing. (&&&)

5. CapColors

So true this.

6. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same from me as well, the rest of you said it more eloquently than I can:slight_smile:. I really appreciate this forum!!

7. Chicagoblue

8. zgirl81

Agreed! It's been so nice to be able to talk about things with people who really understand the context behind my questions. (It's so hard to explain a whole marriage or lifetime to others who've never experienced it!)

I love the community here! :slight_smile:

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree as well. I'm so glad that I found this site. When I first joined, I lurked for a while and finally found the courage to start posting.

I love reading everyone's story & being able to share a part of my life with you all (&&&)

#9 pinklov3ly, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  10. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great to read comments like these. We know that EC is a special place on the internet, but to hear members say how it's helping them on their personal journey is rewarding for everyone who makes the forum what it is (staff and members alike).

11. IrishJ

Awe, thank you for sharing yourself and to this community for providing a safe community, helping me to become the person I was destined to become.

12. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Agreed! And thanks everyone for sharing so much of themselves and giving me a safe place to fall....and cry and vent and wonder. EC is very much a sort of working diary for me with active listeners and support and insightful wonders :slight_smile:

13. SnowshoeGeek

Indeed! My poor paper journal sometimes only gets a few lines these days before I divert my attention to here. :icon_bigg

14. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed - I made the jump from bisexual to gay and came out because of the support of EC. I previously posted a thank you over the summer, but I'll repeat for the newer members who missed the turmoil :slight_smile:

#14 SiennaFire, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  15. Zen fix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    OMG stop already you guys! Too...many...feels. Eyes...watering...uncontrollably. :tears:

I totally agree with Snowshoegeek. :thumbsup: Very grateful that I found this place it has helped me a lot.

16. Antinous

I'd like to chime in too, and say thanks to EC and everyone here who keeps it real :slight_smile: This is the first place I ever expressed questions about my sexuality, and it continues to be a central support for me on this...journey. <3 <3

17. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do look forward to coming to this forum and reading the stories of the people on it. It really does help to know that I'm not the only one. It is a safe place where I can read others stories and tell my own, read others questions and maybe offer some advice or get some advice as well. I don't know if others have had the same experience, but sometimes in the writing of a response to the questions of someone else, you come up with solutions to your own problems and get to know yourself better as well.