1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tara or Kennedy?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by baristajedi, Oct 7, 2015.

1. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just a goofball post, for anyone in the mood to play along. As my avi shows, I'm a pretty big Buffy fan. For other BTVS fans, who's the better love interest for Willow? I'm a Tara girl all the way. She's warm and nurturing and sensual and the whole package.

Feel free to chime in with other male or female same-sex couples you like! If I had to pick one for the men I love Cam and Mitchell on Modern Family. They're really flushed out characters and I love their relationship.

2. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to admit I like both. Tara is the sweet, kind and gentle one whereas Kennedy has that somewhat 'bad girl' streak inside but underneath is both sweet and loving. :slight_smile:

3. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do appreciate Kennedy's bad girl aspect, and her boldness. I just rewatched a Willow/Tara ep and I think one of the things that make Tara so special was how complete and whole she made things, she was what made the Summers house into a home again after both Joyce and Buffy were gone.

4. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a really good point. Though I think Kennedy didn't have nearly as much screen time to develop her relationship with Willow whereas Tara did. The Willow-Kennedy relationship was only progressed through comics which was... saddening. :frowning2:

5. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    How the eff did i not remember/realize willow was gay?! I was so into that show and she was my favorite character. I just had to google her love interest, i totally forgot!!

I loved the ledger/gyllenhaal couple. It completely broke my heart and i obsessed over that movie. Saw it like 3+times in theater. Could never bring by myself to watch the ending until we bought it.

Really loved brittany and santana inn Glee, also. Which sounds so childish lol i lived for episodes that had their relationship in it. I stopped watching after they graduated hs, tho.

#5 ebda30, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  6. CapColors

I am HELLA attracted to Tara. She's pretty much my exact default type in women, although pretty much everyone is hot to me right now. :grin:

Kennedy has lovely skin and hair tones but I'd go for the woman with a little give to her and the sleepy eyes (Tara) in a direct comparison.

Being in NYC is a torture because everyone here is hot, and often in very diverse ways.

7. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Willow is just all around one of my favourite characters.

I never watched Glee or Brokeback. Now I want to see both!

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2015 at 04:13 PM ----------

Yes! Tara's totally my type! Another supersexy woman is America Ferrara. Curvy and comfortable in her own skin. I do love Tara's sleepy eyes though, that's something you don't see a lot.

One of my favourite Buffy eps is the one where they're all dreaming at the same time and Willow's dream shows a sensual side view of Tara, while Willow draws ancient text on her in henna. I think Tara is just lovely all around.

#7 baristajedi, Oct 7, 2015
  8. TheStormInside

Tara all the way! Willow and Tara were my first "relationship crush" and I still have the warm fuzzies for them. Tara is so kind and nurturing. In a lot of ways she is also similar to how Willow had been in high school, so it feels like Willow knows better than most how to pull Tara out of her shell.

As for other relationships, well as you can tell from my avatar I'm a Korra and Asami fan (Legend of Korra). Sadly this relationship had to be more subtle because it is a cartoon, but it made me so incredibly happy that they were by the end a clear and obvious couple. It's a huge step in the right direction for American cartoons.

9. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is another one I haven't seen, I need to watch Legend of Korra!

I totally agree that Tara is a lot like Willow was in highschool. I was just thinking the same today when I was watching one of the eps. Tara was like the voice of reason in so many ways and the emotional center of the Scooby gang for a while. It was so heartbreaking when she got shot.

10. CapColors

Seconded on America Ferrera. Also Hayley Atwell, although I feel like I'd want to find girls WITH her if that makes any sense. :slight_smile: like hit the town together.

Kate Winslet also fits the type and has kind of sleepy eyes too. I love her round cheeks, back when she had them.

I also love the athletic type too: Michele Rodriguez, Kara Thrace, the entire women's soccer team, etc.

For older women the hot professor look does me in the most---a good work dress and nice hair will get you everywhere with me.

Oooh I also am fascinated and attracted by unusual hair. One African American woman I knew when I was young had these amazing anime style round spikes in her hair that were amazing. She rollerbladed to work and essentially looked like a heroine from the future. Wow, she was amazing.

I like women who look full of life, I guess.

Also I will do ANYthing for a pair of dimples, on a guy or a girl.

#10 CapColors, Oct 7, 2015
  11. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems like we have a lot if the same taste!! So many of those women you name are my type. I also love Gina Torres, strong, sensual, her eyes... I love those eyes.