1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tempted to come out to mum

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mystic flower, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to vent.
    My mum is homophobic, and if she knew that I am bi, it will not go well.
    I am so tempted to tell her I am bi, just to get her angry. I know it is not right, and I am using every ounce of will power to refrain from telling her.
    A little history, I am the youngest of 5; 2 older sisters and 2 older brothers. Mum has always had her favourite and everyone knows that, and that is my brother 2 years older than I. He has gotten away with everything, from stealing my money when I started working at a teen, to selling my parents' belongings, name it he has gotten away with being a drug addict. It has always bothered me, and because he is such a bully and mum will take his side no matter if we're right or not, I have learned to let him be.
    My husband and I celebreated our 14th wedding anniversary in August and it was special because we made it through hell. My parents were out of town, so yeah. Now, my brother celebrated his annversary with his wife yesterday and my mum gave him her vehicle! Second vehicle in less than 2 years! Not to mention a snowmobile. . . I know material possession is not important but the fact that she can go above and beyond for one child and leave out the rest of us has gotten to me.
    I should be thankful that I am independant and do not need to rely on my parents for anything, but at least a card would have been nice!
    I know it is not a good idea to come out to my mum while I am angry, but I am so tempted to do so just so I can at least know she feels anger as I am.

2. CapColors

Yeah I agree with you: don't do that to yourself. Your sexuality is awesome; it's not a personal weapon.

I'm sorry your mom is a b**ch, but that's especially why you deserve to keep your dignity about this.

3. Shadowsylke

I have to agree with Cap here. Coming out should be a positive, enriching thing; it shouldn't be used as a tool to cause pain.

4. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I feel so much more content with my situation. I will still be able to take care of myself when they are gone and my brother won't. Karma will do it's job :slight_smile: thank you for listening

5. bi2me

I'm sorry you are having to go through that (again and again). It isn't fair, not that life is, but still... Boo on mom for playing favorites!